** Protein, fat & calorie counter and daily weight tracker **
Introducing Muscle Gainer, the first weight gainer on the store specially created for gaining weight from the proteins.
Have you ever wondered why are so many people that you see training in the gym not getting progressively larger as time goes on? This lack of muscle growth is mostly attributed to their poor protein intake. If you want your time in the gym to count you should increase your protein intake and track it every day.
Muscle Gainer is a powerful protein tracker. At all levels of experience, bodybuilders should consume at least a gram of protein per pound of body weight each day.
The way to successful muscle mass is that you may eat what you like, but you have to take care about level of protein intake each day. Also, if you don't want to gain body fat you should reduce calories from fat to only 20% of your total calories.
Muscle Gainer takes care about these things in the first plan with many other features.
This app contains over 70,000 different food items as well as organized groups of food where you can add your own food items.
- Ability to add your custom food
- Track daily protein
- Track daily calories
- Track daily weight
- 30,000 common food items
- 40,000 restaurant menu items from 404 restaurants
- View progress on the graphs
- Export nutrition log
- View nutrition info for protein, fat (and saturated fat), carbo, fiber, sugar, sodium
- US and metric units support
- Ability to manually adjust protein level
- Previous Items list
- Save entry under groups like breakfast, lunch, dinner...
- Many other features
- Full screen Protein and Weight graphs
- View Weight Goal at graph
- View consumed protein and daily limits
- View consumed protein and other nutrition info by day
- View average consumed protein and other nutrition info for last 7 days
- View average consumed protein and other nutrition info by user defined period.
This application will calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) to find your Daily Calorie Needs based on your height, weight, gender and age.
Calculation is also done using the famous Harris-Benedict Equation considering your training type.
*** IMPORTANT ***
You can enter any custom food item with the Muscle Gainer. Make sure to read description under the Favorites.
- Fixed bug with dot when entering custom food
- Added 2000 brand name food items
- Enhanced search engine
Ratings and Reviews
What would make this a 5 star app for me........
I am on the fence as to what to rate this app. I could have given it a 3 but will give the developer the benefit of the doubt and rate a 4. Muscle gainer is good at tracking your daily calorie, protein and fat intake but lacks an easy way to monitor carbohydrates. I often find myself meeting or exceeding my protein and fat intake but fall short in calories so I know I need more carbs, by how much I don’t know. I could calculate it but the app should do that for me just like it does protein and fat. Here is a list of must haves.
1. The overview screen needs to show a category for carbs just like it does for protein and fat.
2. The “select period” menu only has choices for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and other. It would be great to have additional selections such as AM snack, PM snack or a way to enter time of day for snack.
Nice to have:
Allow the user to customize the grams of carbs and/or fat intake per day, maybe as a percentage of daily calories. Muscle Gainer already allows this for protein under the profile screen.
Terrible and misleading
Save your $3. This app is very misleading. It's a very limited program that gives you the option of only 2 goals - weight gainer and non-weight gainer. It then sets the amount of protein, carbs, and fat that you should eat based on one of the 2 options just mentioned. You cannot customize the app to your own protein/carb/fat ratio. Since there are many theories out there on protein/carb/fat ratio for different fitness goals, please don't buy this app because it is HIGHLY misleading and limited. I have found free apps that are more robust and flexible than this garbage.
Needs an update
The app is the best when it comes to tracking weight and protein intake. The only thing that bothers me is that it takes more than 2 taps through the user interface when adding meals. Wish the developer does an update on this soon.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.