Muscle System Pro III
By 3D4Medical.com, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Developed by 3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
As featured in the WWDC 2012 Keynote Speech.
This is a major upgrade and contains 215 movement animations, 425 audio pronunciations, 548 isolated muscle images and 548 muscle Insertion and Origin map images.
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/muscle_pro.php
This app is by far the the most comprehensive musculoskeletal system on the market.
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - all easily controlled with your mouse.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views (where applicable) - with the swipe of your mouse.
• 10 layers of superficial and deep muscle.
• New 3D level with insertion / origin points mapped onto bone.
• 548 images of every muscles' insertion and origin points mapped onto the bone
• 215 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc)
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• 425 audio pronunciations, for every label.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Full Screen Mode: One click and the app fills the screen.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double-click to zoom: Zoom in to and identify any region or muscle by clicking on the screen.
• Super Zoom and Pan: When zoomed in to an area, you can double-click again for a super zoom. To move the image, just press and hold your right-click button.
• Customize Pins: Add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Jump to a different area of the body: Jump to a different body area by clicking its area or dragging the white box on the full body thumbnail.
• Customize the app: Using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select a muscle and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals in helping to locate a muscle and / or explain its relevance for certain conditions, ailments and injuries.
What's New in Version 3.8