FIND AND PLAY SHEET MUSIC WITH MUSESCORE
• browse scores on MuseScore.com — one of the largest sheet music collections
• more than 700K pieces of free sheet music
• add scores to Favorites
• view and play your favorite sheet music — both online and offline
• convenient sheet music search
• constantly updated catalog with new scores submitted daily by MuseScore.com users
• unlock MuseScore Pro member benefits for mobile app and desktop versions of MuseScore.com
LARGE SHEET MUSIC ARCHIVE
One of the largest catalogs of sheet music, where you can find you favorite scores by instrument (piano, trumpet, violin, percussion, flute, etc.) and listen to them
ADD TO FAVORITES
Add the scores you like to Favorites to quickly access them
Download scores and access them offline anywhere you go
WITH MUSESCORE YOU CAN:
• view and play sheet music
• set the tempo and transpose
• set the volume and visibility of each instrument in every score with the Mixer tool
• share your favorite sheet music with your friends and fans
• export sheet music to PDF
• use metronome
• loop any part of a song with the Loop tool
The more you tell us, the better MuseScore gets.
Q Can I notate music with this app?
A No, you can not. To notate music, use the free notation software available on musescore.org
Q Can I open my own .mscz files with this app?
A You can open files from email, Dropbox, websites etc...
Follow MuseScore and share your feedback.
• The MuseScore Pro subscription gives you unlimited access to the app's premium features and musescore.com website's premium features.
• The subscription price is $6.99/monthly, $49.99/yearly*
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package
• Subscriptions may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your device's Account Settings after purchase
• There is no way to cancel your current subscription during its active period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
* Price are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
You can read our terms of service at https://musescore.com/legal/terms
1. Fixed access for the old Songbook users.
2. Opening files in SongBook from email/Dropbox.
3. Fixed issue with scores visibility on iPad 2.
4. Added new localisations: Japanese, French, Italian, German.
5. Added unauthenticated mode for the PRO-users.
6. Fixed issue with auto log out after reopening the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Percussion sound fonts are broken
I’ve been using musescore on my MacBook since 2014 I think, and it’s an amazing open source solution to music notation. The iPhone app however, not so much. I can’t find a way to start a new score which isn’t a huge problem for me because the main reason I bought this app is so I could play them back to my professors without just opening the mobile website.
This works great for most scores I have but all of them with percussion tracks (specifically stand tunes that I am trying to get accepted into our rotation at my college) play as if they’re a synth keyboard of some kind, and of course the sounds that it make are horribly out of key.
I’m unsure if there’s a way to change the sound font in the app like you can on the desktop and Mac applications but it’s a big problem I hope is updated.
Alright! With this app, your phone isn't going to turn off on you as you play your instrument! Finally! My phone often thinks I'm no longer using it when I don't press it every five minutes. So! This definitely solved my small dilemma. Another cool thing is that you can switch between transpositions, from A major to C major or any other major. (If my theory is wrong—it's probably cause I didn't study it that much).
Though.... You can't print straight from this app. You'll have to login on the website, download the sheet as a PDF, then print it from there.
While I’m always happy to find a way to support the development of open-source, cross-platform software I love with an actual financial contribution, the inability to notate score and no way to import musescore files from google drive have left me feeling that “I want my money back” itch.
I can’t use the app at all in its current state! There’s no way for me to open a score. There’s no way for me to start making one.
To be clear, I would readily have given a dollar or two to support musescore anyway. However, that only takes the slightest edge off of it for me. I still bought an app that is completely incompatible with my workflow and feels like it’s trapped in 2011. I can’t just not be mad.
(Answers to the most obvious questions: Some users don’t have or want an online account. Some, like me, can’t upload one from the PC. It’s 2017 and the iPad Pro could easily be the perfect portable notation tool if this app could work with it. I could go on forever, but 4 paragraphs is already way more than enough for an app store review.)
- 78.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 MuseScore BVBA
- In-App Purchases
- MuseScore Pro $49.99
- MuseScore Pro $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.