Music Flash Class is a highly customizable flash card application designed and used by a professional piano teacher. You can use it in individual lessons, home study, or in group classes with the built-in games or with games led by you. Because you know how you want to teach or how your students learn best, you can tailor the app to exactly what you want:
• You define the notes on the grand staff that you want your student to drill.
• You decide if the application should test or teach.
• You decide how many cards to drill, how long to test, and how quickly students must answer.
• You decide whether to drill in letter names, solfège, piano keyboard, and several other options.
• You can review the incorrect notes and save them for student drilling.
Music Flash Class is designed for use with all ages:
• You can lock the device’s orientation to accommodate each student’s way of holding the device.
• You can discourage accidental disruption of the games by 'locking' buttons that would normally exit the play.
• You can use built in games or design challenges for your students.
"I love the app....my students are competing against each other for time and decks completed without error!!!" - Penny L., professional piano teacher
"This app has become a favorite backseat activity in my van. My kids love playing 'Hot Potato' with it." Jodi M., parent of two piano students
Uses of Music Flash Class:
• Effortlessly pull up and drill whatever deck of notes you want during your lessons.
• Students who are waiting for their lesson can practice or test their note recognition skills.
• Practice on your own, focusing on notes that have been difficult to learn.
• Assign drilling exercises to those students who have access to an iPod Touch or iPhone.
• Use in group classes for group drilling or games.
• Design challenges that students can compete to attain.
To everybody who upgraded to iOS 8 and had this app stop working, thank you for your patience and encouragement!
- New Universal App
- Interface reworked to be compatible with iOS 8 and device independent
- iOS 7.1+ compatible
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding app, great update
Outstanding app that has turned note drilling into an activity my students actually request! The hot potato mode is a class favorite and the app's customizability makes it superior to any alternatives I have found on the App Store. I appreciate the developer's responsiveness, and am very happy to see an update featuring full iOS 8 and native iPad compatibility.
New Technology for an Old Problem
Music Flash Class is a joy to use. Today's students are used to uploading information quickly and gaming in order to learn new concepts, by passing traditional means of rote learning. Music Flash Class offers wonderful, up to date, incentives for music students to learn the notes of the staff. My students were so intrigued and impressed when I whipped out my iphone to play Flash Class instead of the more traditional paper music flash cards. We post everyone's times and scores in the studio and now all of my 40+ students work with Flash Clash to best each other in their note reading skills. And besides, my students now think I am the coolest teacher around! Music students must become proficient at note reading in order to advance quickly in any music training. But knowing the music staff well enough to merge one's fingers with the staff and with their instrument simply takes practice, daily repetition and constant review. Why not meet today's students half-way and teach using well thought out and pedagogically-sound electronic tools to teach the beauty and art of musicianship.
Engaging, entertaining and educational
This app. has quickly become a family favorite. It is very user friendly and customizable to each user. The hot potato setting keeps my children engaged for long periods of time and it is so fun they don't even realize that they are learning to read music! The price of this app. is such a bargain. You will not find any workbooks or flashcards that will teach musical notation in such an entertaining and engaging manner (at such a low cost). This is a must have for any music teacher or music student. Enjoy this one - my kids reading skills have improved quickly and dramatically with very little effort on my part due to this great, new application!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.