Music Journal - Practice app to log time and bpm
By David Charlton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Time your practice sessions * Track your progress * Built in metronome
Manage your practice routine with a tap, see at a glance which pieces you haven't practiced in a while, and automatically log practice time and BPM for each song.
‟This update is awesome. With a built-in metronome I don't need any other apps.”
‟You can't believe how many spreadsheet and practice notes I've made to keep on top of things in the past. This makes it so much easier.”
NO SETUP REQUIRED
- Just enter song name and hit play
- Add additional information later, only if you like
- Timer tracks your practice for every scale or song
- Set the beats per minute (BPM) and play along
- Metronome always starts at the speed you last practiced
- Perfect as a count-in when playing at full tempo
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
- View detailed practice times for each song or group of songs
- Beautiful graphs show total/average practice over time
- Track your speed in BPM to see how you improve
- Vary your repertoire by choosing songs you haven't practiced recently
- Keep songs organized in folders by composer, instrument, etc.
- Rearrange songs and add subfolders when you need
- Attach optional notes, color labels, and BPM goals to every song
- Import and export your data by email
- Share a summary report with a music teacher or friends
- Universal app — designed for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
INCLUDES ALL FEATURES OF THE PRO VERSION
This app includes all features of the Pro version, but is limited to tracking 6 songs simultaneously (you can remove old songs to make room for more). If you enjoy Music Journal, please support development by upgrading to an unlimited number of songs with an in-app purchase. All your existing data will be preserved automatically!
* More praise for Music Journal:
‟I love your app. I use it for my practicing and it helps keep me motivated because I don't like seeing any empty spaces on the graph!”
"We have been using the journal for my son's piano lessons over the last week or so, and I am finding it really helpful. I know which scales he has done and if some have not been practiced for a few days."
"This is a wonderful app that helps students keep track of their daily practice time. It helps them keep organized and begin a healthy practice routine that will help them improve on their instrument." -- TeacherCast.net
WE LOVE FEEDBACK
Let us know how you use Music Journal and suggestions for features you want:
What's New in Version 3.0.11
Fixing links to related apps
Can't do without it
If it wasn't for the journal I would never have a structured guitar time. Have all my exercises,being practice with a metronome or just flexibility exercises for my fingers,in front of me to remind not to forget to do them. Then all the songs I play divided into Classical or Acoustic guitar sections. Graph lets me know which ones I'm neglecting and I need to go back and spend more time on. Section on NOTES comes in useful to write down my own reminders or personal thoughts. Even it wasn't for the Journal I would be all over the place and not as serious as I try to be..I love it!
Helps me immensely
I can honestly say that using this app has made me a much better piano player. Because of it I am aware of how much time I am devoting to my warm ups or how many hours I've worked on a specific song. I never want to skip a day because I don't want to bring down my average on the graph!
My one request is that I would love to be able to have different sections for practicing other instruments!
If you want to make progress, buy this app.
Using the built-in metronome, I can easily keep track of exactly where I'm at when practicing technical exercises, so that I can pick up right where I left off if I'm already warmed up. This alone has sped up my progress in several areas by preventing wasted time. Thanks for a great app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 11, 2013
- Version: 3.0.11
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: David Charlton
- © 2013 Axe Monkey Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited practice items$6.99