* Time your practice sessions * Track your progress * Built in metronome
Manage your practice routine with a tap, see at a glance which pieces you haven't practiced in a while, and automatically log practice time and BPM for each song.
‟This update is awesome. With a built-in metronome I don't need any other apps.”
‟You can't believe how many spreadsheet and practice notes I've made to keep on top of things in the past. This makes it so much easier.”
NO SETUP REQUIRED
- Just enter song name and hit play
- Add additional information later, only if you like
- Timer tracks your practice for every scale or song
- Set the beats per minute (BPM) and play along
- Metronome always starts at the speed you last practiced
- Perfect as a count-in when playing at full tempo
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
- View detailed practice times for each song or group of songs
- Beautiful graphs show total/average practice over time
- Track your speed in BPM to see how you improve
- Vary your repertoire by choosing songs you haven't practiced recently
- Keep songs organized in folders by composer, instrument, etc.
- Rearrange songs and add subfolders when you need
- Attach optional notes, color labels, and BPM goals to every song
- Import and export your data by email
- Share a summary report with a music teacher or friends
- Universal app — designed for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
* More praise for Music Journal:
‟I love your app. I use it for my practicing and it helps keep me motivated because I don't like seeing any empty spaces on the graph!”
"We have been using the journal for my son's piano lessons over the last week or so, and I am finding it really helpful. I know which scales he has done and if some have not been practiced for a few days."
"This is a wonderful app that helps students keep track of their daily practice time. It helps them keep organized and begin a healthy practice routine that will help them improve on their instrument." -- TeacherCast.net
WE LOVE FEEDBACK
Let us know how you use Music Journal and suggestions for features you want:
Fixing links to related apps
Ratings and Reviews
Needs update for iOS 11
This app is the reason I haven't upgraded iOS. Please update. Great app been using for years. 👏
Useful App for Musicians
I have been using to time and keep track of guitar practices. I would like to send all data to my Mac, print data, and make changes. Ex: The other day I forgot to stop it and it recorded that I practiced a song 4 hours longer than I did. I didn't notice until the next day, so it can't be fixed. You also can't delete a folder once you create it, or change the order of your songs. Please update! This really good app could be great!
Update: I've been using daily for several months. It is useful, and would be much better if I could fix errors from previous days and edit folders. I have folders I want to delete, without losing the songs and practice records inside. I would love to send to my Mac and print. Update: After repeated failures getting my backup into my new phone, David sent me complete step by step instructions with screen shots and it worked. Great app!
Changing rating from 5 stars to one.
The developer has not updated the software in four years. It is not compatible with current iPhone OS. All of my data, song lists, practice records, and notes are trapped in the app. The app is so outdated that it won’t even open. I can’t get a refund, either. I would not consider buying from this developer again until he updates it so his customers can access their data.
Needs an update for ios
WAS Fairly useful once you figure out how to make it work for your own needs, but it hasn’t been updated and no longer opens on the current ios.
How about an update?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.