Music Journal Pro - Practice + metronome app to log time and bpm
By David Charlton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Time your practice sessions * Track your progress * Built in metronome
Manage your practice routine with a tap, see at a glance which pieces you haven't practiced in a while, and automatically log practice time and BPM for each song.
‟This update is awesome. With a built-in metronome I don't need any other apps.”
‟You can't believe how many spreadsheet and practice notes I've made to keep on top of things in the past. This makes it so much easier.”
NO SETUP REQUIRED
- Just enter song name and hit play
- Add additional information later, only if you like
- Timer tracks your practice for every scale or song
- Set the beats per minute (BPM) and play along
- Metronome always starts at the speed you last practiced
- Perfect as a count-in when playing at full tempo
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
- View detailed practice times for each song or group of songs
- Beautiful graphs show total/average practice over time
- Track your speed in BPM to see how you improve
- Vary your repertoire by choosing songs you haven't practiced recently
- Keep songs organized in folders by composer, instrument, etc.
- Rearrange songs and add subfolders when you need
- Attach optional notes, color labels, and BPM goals to every song
- Import and export your data by email
- Share a summary report with a music teacher or friends
- Universal app — designed for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
* More praise for Music Journal:
‟I love your app. I use it for my practicing and it helps keep me motivated because I don't like seeing any empty spaces on the graph!”
"We have been using the journal for my son's piano lessons over the last week or so, and I am finding it really helpful. I know which scales he has done and if some have not been practiced for a few days."
"This is a wonderful app that helps students keep track of their daily practice time. It helps them keep organized and begin a healthy practice routine that will help them improve on their instrument." -- TeacherCast.net
WE LOVE FEEDBACK
Let us know how you use Music Journal and suggestions for features you want:
What's New in Version 3.0.11
Fixing links to related apps
Very, very good app!!!
This is something I have used every day since I bought it! It has room for improvement, but I would buy it right now, and start supporting this developer right away if I were you! It is already totally worth the money, and as it evolves, I am sure it will cost more, so trust me, buy it and start using it right away. You will watch yourself get better quickly if you integrate it into your practice routine. Every great music teacher I have ever had has recommend keeping a practice journal, and this takes that concept to a whole other level. That being said, the first improvement would definitely be the ability to manage files a little better.... If you practice as many different things as I do, having this be as streamlined as possible would be helpful. I am almost sure it is already in the works, based on what I am seeing here, so I am just gonna go ahead and give it 5 stars on good faith. Thanks for making a great app! I don't usually take the time to leave reviews, but you deserve it!!!
The best tool out there, but it needs to be better
This is a solid practice tracker. I haven't found a better one out there and it covers all of the basic essentials adequately. Two features would push this from a 3 star app to a 5 star app:
- Sync between devices without having to use the clunky "email your saved file to yourself solution".
- A practice planner that lets you set playlist goals for your next practice session. I would love to be able to plan my practice session over my lunch hour with pre-set timers (10 minutes of scales, 10 minutes of etude #1, 10 minutes of etude #2, 30 minutes of sonata in the key of whatever). Then when I get home I just set open that play list and go. Get to the end of a section of practice and an alarm goes off to remind me to move on and focus on something else.
Very helpful for motivation
I love this app and it really helps me with my motivation to practice as I can see all the hard work I put in (or don't put in!).
I would have easily given it five stars but I don't like that the "stop the metronome" and the "stop practicing the song" button are so closely related. I often want to continue practicing the song but stop the metronome and I end up stopping the practice and don't realize it because of the big stop button. Of course I can input it later manually but often I'm not paying attention to the time. It would be nice if the "stop practicing this song" would give a warning or if they were on different screens to lessen the confusion.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 12, 2013
- Version: 3.0.11
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: David Charlton
- © 2012 Axe Monkey Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.