This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organize new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice, or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favorite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass. View the chords you’ve played, add comments and lyrics, or share your recordings with friends or directly to Apple Music Connect*. And it’s easy to take your favorite ideas into GarageBand to add more instruments and continue building your song.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow, energetic, or add your own custom tags
• Rate your song idea 1-5 stars to help you identify your favorites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas are always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyzes the music you played and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternate guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend to share your music, or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to the Mac so you can work in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
* Requires Apple Music Connect account
What's New in Version 1.0.4
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
This app is amazing. But there still are some bugs. Even as a voiceover user, I see them.
As the title clearly states, there are still some bugs in the app. It’s automatically opening my ideas, and it shouldn’t be. However, I still like it, and it still usable, however, there are some people that are still saying that there are some bugs in it. And I do agree. The opening the idea automatically, is one of them. And while I do agree with someone else that adding reverb, and other effects to hear sound quality instrument, is great.
Sometimes, during this experience, do you have does crash every once in a while. But, hopefully the next update will fix this. Keep continuing to do updates, and I look forward to seeing them. As the bugs get squashed, maybe a lot of us will continue to use this app a little more. I am a music fan nonetheless, and I am trying to write songs myself.
Of course this app has crashes, but that was not what I meant. I meant, the app sometimes crashes. Just figured I would receive that a little bit because of me using dictation as a blind man.
Amazing until it isn’t
I keep trying this thing, hoping I was just missing something. The accompaniment is the amazing part, the drums match even my weirder pieces pretty well. But for some reason the bar lines don’t, and the cropping tool simply doesn’t believe you might need to trim anything smaller than a quarter note. Not thrilled with the black screen of loading, either. Breaks Apple own guidelines to developers.
This app is very close to what it should be. It has lots of solid features for music creators. Unfortunately, it’s incredibly slow. The app is extremely sluggish, even on the iPhone 8+. Improved performance of this app would be great appreciated as I would love to use it more. The undesirable load times have pushed me to capture moments of creativity with the stock camera app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 157 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.