Note Trainer - Sight Read Music
By thoor software AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note Trainer is designed to help train your ability to read music. It is aimed at beginners, music students, musicians and anyone interested in musical reading. Note Trainer includes exercises reading musical notes and musical chords.
Exercise levels range from beginner to advanced. Note Trainer will guide you and recommend exercises to help you gradually improve your skills. More advanced users can focus on different areas of the application or select to start training at a higher level.
When an exercise is complete the users' statistics are saved allowing them to track their progress and easily return to areas that need more training. Note Trainer indicates when a user is ready to move on to the next exercise.
- Preset exercises for notes and chords
- Custom exercises for notes and chords
- Note Trainer guides you and instructs when you are ready to continue to new lessons
- Note Trainer supports English (B, Bb), German (H, B), and Solfége (Do, Re, Mi) notation
- Answer using MIDI device (on iPad), virtual piano or answer buttons
- Visual feedback on virtual piano and note view
- Time challenge mode
- Studio sound quality
What's New in Version 1.3.2
- Compatible with high resolution MIDI capable keyboards (such as the Casio PX-350) (iPad)
- Added setting for selecting the MIDI input channels to use when answering with a MIDI keyboard. (iPad)
This app is excellent for cultivating musical literacy. I used to play various instruments, but it's been a while and I'm pretty rusty. I've been using this app to regain my abilities with the convenience of simply pulling out my phone and practicing for several minutes a day. Of course, I intend to actually start playing again eventually, but this app is great for mastering the cognitive aspect of music so that I'll be able to focus on the technical aspect when that time comes.
I haven't played the piano since I was in grade school, and have been using this to refresh my music reading. I love that you can use the actual keys, hear the notes, and get immediate feedback!
It does alright
Nice price,does well for beginners for a good price.
But it would be a great improvement if a fretboard for bass and guitar and a piano keyboard could be included as an optional way to input the answers rather than the note name button.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 30, 2014
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 19.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Swedish
- Seller: thoor software AB
- © thoor software & dev4phone
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.