Change your music's tempo and pitch in realtime quick and easy. Just select an audio file, mark the region you want to play (and loop/repeat) and change speed and pitch on the fly.
It is also possible to export the changed audio file.
Use cases of Music Speed Changer are for instance: practicing guitar and other music instruments, transcriptions, change the speed of audiobooks...
This version is optimized for the iPad. iPad 2 or newer are highly recommended due to low resources of the iPad 1st generation.
- Change pitch and tempo (speed, time-stretch) independently
- Loop region
- Select region
- Import various formats including mp3, wav, m4a, ogg, aac, ...
- Export to wav and mp3
- Volume amplification
- Voice reduction
- Separate playing of left/right channels
- Import audio files from other apps to MSC
- Import from Dropbox *NEW*
- Send files by email *NEW*
APS Player: http://www.tequnique.com/apsplayer
- Extreme pitch and tempo changes (for instance 24 semi-tones, which is quite a lot!) can lead to noise.
- Voice reduction quality depends on the input. It works best with little compressed music and assumes that voice was recorded in mono and later mixed into the stereo channels (which is the case for a lot of music recordings)
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not ready for prime time
I thought Apple screened apps before putting them in ITunes Store, but this one is not even ready for beta. The interface is nearly incomprehensible, clicking the website link for help doesn't work because the URL was mistyped. I typed in the correct URL and found a video, but it is for an iPhone version that looks different. Once I got the app to sort of work, playback quality was poor, and when I tried switching to another app, the program bugged out (so you can't reliably play your track in the background). Integration with the music on my Ipad is also clunky. You need to import tracks. All in all, a waste of money and time.
Works great, no instructions needed
I use this app to slow down foreign language practice material. You can keep the natural pitch of the voice while slowing the tempo up to 90%. But 50% is more than sufficient.
Very nicely thought out interface. Import your audio, select the region, and set a loop if you wish. Then you can speed things up or slow things down to your heart's content.
A well-realized app, worth the 4 bucks.
I purchased this software for iPad version 2.71 couple months ago. It doesn't work and is so useless. Every time I try to load a music, it just froze and don't do anything. I really hope the developer can make this work because it is so useful if it works.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.