Music Studio Lite
By Alexander Gross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 11 studio-quality instruments (118 in the full version), a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Visit www.xewton.com for video tutorials, forums and demo songs!
AWARDS & REVIEWS OF THE FULL VERSION
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic, dynamically configurable 60-key keyboard (85 in the full version)
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 11 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 8 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Sampler to a create custom instrument or kit from audio files and recordings
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• Background audio playback and recording
• 10 beats (drum loops)
• High-quality reverb
• Resonant filter effect
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo, signature)
• Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
• Edit whole tracks or bars, down to individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible audio hardware: iRig, iRig Mic, Line 6 Mobile In, Apogee Jam, Blue Mikey, Alesis IO Dock and many more.
LIMITATIONS OF THE LITE VERSION
• Saving, exporting and sharing is disabled, hence only one song can be created
• Only 11 instead of 118 instruments are available
• The number of audio tracks is limited to 2 (up to 127 in the full version)
• Only 1 user instrument or kit can be created (unlimited in the full version)
• The keyboard is limited to 5 octaves instead of 7 (85 keys)
• 3 Effects are not available: delay, equalizer and amplifier
• Only 10 instead of 100 beats
• The full version features iTunes file sharing and a WiFi server for exchanging files with your computer.
• MIDI import/export is disabled.
• The full version supports Audiobus.
• No add-on packages (+60 instruments)
• No external MIDI hardware is supported. The full version is compatible with:
CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI, Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer I & II, Akai SynthStation 25, iRig, iRig Mic, iRig MIDI, Yamaha i-MX1, Apogee Jam, Blue Mikey, Alesis IO Dock, iConnectMIDI, Line 6 Mobile Keys, Line 6 Mobile In, Tascam iU2 and many more.
Free email support at firstname.lastname@example.org - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming!
• Bluetooth mode: enable this setup option in Music Studio and connect to your Bluetooth headphones/speakers in the iOS Settings.
• Bug fixes
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to email@example.com, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
Good, Professional, and Confusing
I create electronic music and I was using just garageband before. (Which is actually a great app, even if people say it isn't.) Anyways, I wanted to find another app to use and I found this. The lite version is a bit frustrating but it's still good. It comes with great sounds but is very confusing at first. It would be better if it was a little more straight forward. If it was it would definitely get 5 stars!
Studio to go
If your into creating music this app is perfect. It has most of the functionality of full studio program. When the inspiration hits you can just pull out your phone, or pad and go for it.
Mobile DAW done well
Love this app & will be upgrading to full version & sound packs. The features in the lite vs full version are reasonable. I hope more people support your apps.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 01, 2014
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 99.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Gross
- © 2014 Alexander Gross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.