By Alexander Gross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 178 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 118 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Visit the forum at www.xewton.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming!
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to the forum at www.xewton.com, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
- Bug fixes
Old, reliable, and stellar!
Music Studio debuted sometime in 2010, well before Apple brought GarageBand to iOS; so MS has been here for a long time...the app was good then and it's even better now. (I didn't get it until 2012 but I know it was good before then).
The app developer has kept this app current with all of the available audio technology (AudioBus, IAA), and has had many enhancements over the years. The recent update to make it an IAA host is huge. This allows you to MIDI control AND record another app at the same time, like other DAWs can, such as Cubasis. So with that, Music Studio has about as many features as any other iOS DAW...and the most important thing is that the app almost never crashes. I can't recall one, in fact. I don't use it as often as many other apps in my arsenal, but it is still used and maybe it's use is on the rise now that I'm thinking about it.
After you buy this app and the IAP, check the developers user forums where generous people have made available a lot of nice sounding instruments and drum kits for free. People do love music studio, and for good reason.
My right hand!
This app is not just an app, It's a full blown mobile music creation studio which anyone could utilize while up and about.
I've worked with Logic Pro for years and Music Studio is a necessary tool in transporting most of my creative ideas over to a much more involved platfor.
It offers me the choice for more intricate instrumentation, and mastering. The sounds are very good, and editing capabilities are intuitive.
There's no other app like it. I've searched and cannot find anything that compares. Without Music Studio, the ideas that are flying around in my head would probably not see the light of day but instead dissipate for lack of a convenient mobile canvas.
I don't use GarageBand, but music studio is fully compatible with Audiobus, which should be a very interesting experiment.
I'm looking forward to the many advancements, and features that music studio offer in the future. For me and many musicians, we consider Music Studio the mini Logic Pro X.
I don't see how I could live without both.
First, and still one of the best.
This is the first "DAW" I ever purchased for iOS. If I had known then where it was headed, and how disappointing some of the others would be, it might also have been one of the last.
I thought that I had outgrown Music Studio, and I actually deleted it from my iPad to make room for newer DAWs. Most of them have been a drag. They either don't do what I need or they are full of glitches and bugs.
Recently, I put Music Studio back on my iPad, and realized that it has "grown up" into a truly powerful and useful music production studio, and with the Audiobus update, and the plans they have for future updates, I am happy with it.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 29, 2015
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 703 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Alexander Gross
- © 2015 Xewton GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-in-one pack$6.99
- Electro package$3.99
- Band package$3.99
- Classic package$3.99
- 8-bit Kit$0.99
- Rock Drum Kit$0.99
- World package$4.99
- Lead E-Guitar$0.99