By Alexander Gross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 178 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 118 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Visit the forum at www.xewton.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
What's New in Version 2.7
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming!
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to the forum at www.xewton.com, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
New features in Music Studio 2.7:
• iOS 10 compatibility
• Minimum iOS requirement is now iOS 8.0
• Cancelling a wav export retains the partial file
• AudioCopy SDK updated
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
ProTools yeah I own it & use this App.
As stated recently calling this an app doesn't do it much justice, I write record import export mix edit do timing & pitch adjustments although I have perfect pitch!!! Yeah me… still sometimes you need a little tweaking. You go in & change individual notes Length pitch timing on real instruments as well as software instruments. Best Import Outport functions available hands down on any app I've used
Plus you can write anywhere edit anywhere... so much more to be said!
Thanks: PUNK INC.
Most powerful DAW in the App Store
Have used this app for almost 4 years now!!! Great for all my music needs. It really amazes me how far I've gone with just this app alone!! I've come to about 300 projects thus far!!!
This app offers a lot of features desktop software provides with a abundance of instruments and beats for any style I'm composing. I absolutely love the power I hold when I open this app. It's my main studio as a young composer and probably will be with me for years to come.
Please don't abandon
I've tried just about every music app that's out there but non can really compare to this all sounds are strong and instruments sound like they should and the layout is simplistic and not too complicated the only thing I can ask for is for more sounds more instruments there is a decent amount but more would be better hell I wouldn't mind paying for more please bring more to this app
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 915 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Alexander Gross
- © 2016 Xewton GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-in-one pack$6.99
- Electro package$3.99
- Band package$3.99
- Classic package$3.99
- 8-bit Kit$0.99
- Rock Drum Kit$0.99
- World package$4.99
- Lead E-Guitar$0.99