Music Theory Basics for iPhone
By Patrick Q. Kelly
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A suite of five modules; Notes (Notation / Piano), Key Signatures, Intervals, Chords, and Rhythms, that quiz basic musicianship.
Includes a 'Grade Book' list of all saved test results that you can edit and create a pdf of to print or email.
• All pitched quizzes support Treble, Alto, Tenor and Bass clefs.
• Interval and chord roots can be random or user set for each question.
• Set a specific number of questions, with up to three attempts, or stop anytime and grade only the number answered.
• An optional timer records the time it takes to finish the quiz.
Notes module tests music notation and piano keyboard knowledge. Limit the note range from 0 to 4 ledger lines above and below the staff.
Key Signatures covers major and/or minor keys. Set separate maximum number of sharps or flats for the quiz.
Intervals includes simple intervals played harmonically, melodically up or down. Intervals covered are major, minor, diminished, augmented 2nds, 3rds, 6ths, 7ths, and diminished, perfect, and augmented 4ths, 5ths, and octaves. Optionally disable diminished and augmented 2nds, 3rds, 6ths and 7ths.
Chords include triads played harmonically, melodically up, down or randomly. Triads are major, minor diminished and augmented.
Rhythms tests your rhythmic skills.
- Customizable options include; up to 16 measures in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 or 5/4, up to 3 pads (pitches on, above or below the line), include specific note/rest values, and exclude grading durations (primarily for percussionists).
- Included note/rest values: Whole, Half, Quarter, Eighth, Dotted Half, Dotted Quarter, Triplet Half, Triplet Quarter, and Triplet Eighth.
- Optionally visible scrolling line of current location.
The Grade Book is filterable by student name. Access to the list can be password protected by entering a password in the device's Settings app.
Grades include the student's name, date and time the quiz was taken, all relevant quiz settings (clef, number of questions, etc.), and score (percentage and letter grade).
What's New in Version 1.1
Bug fixes and other improvements.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 30, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 118 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Patrick Kelly
- © 2009 - 2015 Patrick Q. Kelly
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.