By Mona Lisa Sound, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PROMOTIONAL PRICE - $29.99 (reg. $49.99)
MusicJOT is a powerful music notation app that's also easy to use. Write quickly and naturally on a staff and watch it rendered into beautifully notated music. Interact directly, quickly dragging notes around to change their pitch or duration and choose advanced features from pop-up palettes. Listen to your composition with our full-featured audio playback engine, featuring unlimited tracks and 128 built-in General MIDI instruments. Export your scores in MusicXML or MIDI and pick them up in any desktop notation app such as Finale® or Sibelius® for final tweaking and printing.
• Enter music with your own natural handwriting and a stylus. Optimized for Apple Pencil®. Also directly supports Adonit® stylus.
• Alternative palette-driven system for notes and music symbols.
• Layers let you control and de-clutter what is displayed.
• "Virtual Pointer" allows spot-checking notes, local playback of notes or chords and entering/selecting events.
• The "Visual Road Map" shows your composition's repeat structure.
• Lyric support with automatic syllable flowing.
• Number of staffs and measures limited only by your device.
• Group instruments together, such as a woodwind section in an orchestral score.
• MusicJOT doesn't force you to maintain legal notation. Correct measures at any time with the Illegal Measure Buttons.
• Advanced settings allow fine tuning of dozens of parameters to tailor your notation style.
• Complete contextual help system, including a device-resident manual and tutorials.
• Individual staffs can be transposed for transposing instruments, such as trumpets and saxophones.
• Batch note manipulations, such as transpositions and copy/paste with merge, append and replace.
• Directly change note pitches (diatonic, chromatic) or durations by dragging when not in handwriting mode.
• Playback support for tempo markings and dynamics.
• Music spacing adjustable.
• Context sensitive menu system after selections for many often used operations such as octave transpositions, note/rest toggle, common triplets, and simple repeats, etc.
• Score manager allows creation of new scores from templates or custom setup.
• Air print directly from MusicJOT.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
* Fixed an issue where notes that were dragged up or down producing more than 4 ledger lines couldn't be dragged back.
* Fixed an issue where un-beamed notes with flags were not getting extra space to compensate for their flag.
* Title is now white which is more readable.
* Fixed issues where the tutorials window header and buttons were not being updated as appropriate.
* Changed various default user preference metrics (advanced settings).
* Fixed playback issue where sound was only coming from headphones but not speaker (v1.1.1).
* Fixed various spacing issues.
* Fixed spacing issues with mid-measure clefs.
* Fixed an issue when editing a chord with handwriting that had accidentals was shifting accidentals to the wrong chordal notes when rendering.
* Unified a number of UI colors and background fills.
* Fixed playhead scrolling behavior in page view.
* Fixed playback playhead position when zoomed in page view.
* Improved handwriting performance with Apple pencil.
* Fixed a number of situations where the app could crash.
* Fixed an issue where user supplied document info was not updating immediately in page view after tapping ‘Apply.’
* Fixed an issue where handwriting an accidental to a chordal note was not being rendered.
* Added “Subtitle” metadata to score information (now ‘Document info’).
* Changed action menu heading from composer/opus to “Document Info…”
* Now showing Adonit stylus status indicator when using the Adonit stylus.
* Added color themes.
pretty good overall
the handwriting isnt bad but the other input method is actually faster for me. I never did figure out how to find where the xml exports are saved but the email XML works fine. sound playback is decent enough for fiddle which is all i use it for but theres lots of composition types built in for many voices at once. Likely sounds fine as wel
Wasted my money
Had high hopes for this. Notion is a much better app.