musicMath Touch - Music Calculator
By Laurent Colson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
musicMath is a musical tool that includes a timecode calculator, a tap tempo, a tempo to delay in millisecond and hertz converter, a note to frequency table converter, a sample length converter, a tempo change converter, and a frequency to note converter.
• Add and subtract timecodes or frames
• Convert a number of frames to timecodes
• Simultaneously convert the number of frames and the timecode
• Conversion of timecode when changing the frames format
• Managing frames formats 23.976 fps, 24 fps, 25 fps, 29.94 fps, 29.97 fps, 29.97 fps drop frame, 30 fps, 50 fps, 59.94 fps, 60 fps
• Real time display for formats 23.976 fps, 29.94 fps, 29.97 fps 59.94 fps
• Unlimited history calculations
• History can be saved and exported to other applications
• Improved algorithm for imprecise tap
• Transfer calculated tempo to other musicMath tools
Tempo to delay table:
• Convert tempo to milliseconds and hertz
• Convert for whole-note, half-note, quarter-note, eighth-note, sixteenth-note, thirty-note and sixty-fourth-note for dotted notes and triplets
Note to frequency table:
• Convert Midi notes to frequencies
• Adjustable diapason and root note
• One hundred selectable temperaments
• Visualization of intervals in cents for each temperament
• Taking into account the temperament for the calculation of frequencies
• Plays piano sound when notes are touched
Sample length converter:
• Convert length between samples, milliseconds, and tempo
Tempo change converter:
• Calculates tempo change by ratio (%) and transposition
Frequency to note converter:
• Convert a frequency to the closest note and the cents needed
• Plays the frequency
What's New in Version 2.3
• Added root note for diapason in the notes table
• Added a metronome in the tap tempo section
• Piano sound in the notes table improved
• Optimized for iPad Pro
I think this is a very well made app except for the fact that you cannot move the conversion chart around. As someone who uses Ableton live the midi scale stars at C-2 which is 0. This is starts at -1 which is strange as it is in between the regular midi standard and the Yamaha standard.
Must have for sure.
Best and well thought music calculator for musicians, engineers, synthesists, and DAW users.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 04, 2016
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Laurent Colson
- © Laurent Colson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.