By Leoné MusicReader B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MusicReader is a digital music stand app for the Apple iPad.
It makes it very easy to manage and use your sheet music:
- Real PDF Support - all settings / annotations are stored in the PDF.
- View your PDF sheet music.
- Convenient library to catalogue of files.
- Full playlist support for rehearsals and performances.
- Make annotations in the PDFs using multiple colors and line widths.
- Standard symbols and support for redo / undo.*
- Display and turn pages in multiple ways.
- Zoom into the sheet music.
- Easy download of PDF Files from websites.
- Support for foot pedals to turn pages.
- Use metronome, tuner, music player and sound recorder.*
- Display sheet music on external screen.*
- Easy Dropbox synchronization*
- Bluetooth file transfer*
*=requires Professional features pack
What's New in Version 9.952
- Loading Embedded Recordings
- Bluetooth file transfers deactivated - functionality no longer working on iOS8
- Keyboard in File E-Mail fixed (again)
I've used this app for 2-3 years now along with the desktop App. It's not the prettiest, there are some frustrations, but I've used it for live performances just fine with a USB footswitch. I take snapshots of music on my iPad using Genius Scan, send them directly into Music Reader, and add them to a playlist. I've only lost a playlist once, still not sure exactly what happened. I sync using USB cable to the Mac, no issues. I've done some annotating which is not the most intuitive, but it's never caused me a crash. I find it more stable on the newer iOS, and will probably continue to use it when I get my iPad Pro early next year.
MusicReader is possibly the worst app I have ever purchased. The layout is unintuitive. The connection to DropBox forces you to choose an entire folder as opposed to a single file. Repeated attempts to get a whole page to turn instead of half pages have been futile. I am unable to open a file that someone has emailed me, because the main directory doesn't seem to know that the app exists. Need I go on? Horrible.
The only reason I was excited about this app was the fact that I could open .fh files. I'll stick with ForScore on my iPad and the mastodon MusicPad Pro combo thank you. Ugh!
Music Reader 4
I have been using Music Reader4, and although it has a steep learning curve, once you figure it out, I love it! Support is ok, and it does what I need it to do.