By Stratospherix Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Do you have a music collection of thousands of albums on your computer or network drive? Now you can browse and play that music directly on your iPad without syncing or waiting for a download. You can also stream to Chromecast or Airplay speakers.
“Music Streamer is a fantastic answer to a common problem” - 148Apps
"MusicStreamer is easily one of the best music streaming apps available for the iOS operating system. This app allows simple and automatic synchronization between your device and your PC." - appPicker.com
"MusicStreamer is a smart, new app that makes local music streaming easier than ever." - AppAdvice.com
None of the other apps we tried had the must have features we wanted, which were:
- Easy setup wizard.
- Reliably streams music directly from your PC, Mac, Time Capsule, or Network Drive.
- Provides excellent playlist management.
- Import existing iTunes playlists.
- Search by album, track, artist or genre.
- Effortlessly supports tens of thousands of tracks.
- Offline mode: Download tracks, albums or playlists to play in offline mode.
- Supports lossless FLAC, OPUS and WAV files as well as MP3, M4A, AAC and AIF.
- Supports gapless playback.
- Is easy to set up and has an intuitive and powerful user interface.
- AirPlay and Chromecast music support.
- Scrobble to last.fm.
- Groups album tracks based on your existing folder arrangement.
- Access multiple libraries and easily switch between them.
- Extracts tags and album art embedded in audio files and also uses album art from files in your music folders.
- Audiobus and inter-app audio support, acting as a music source.
We would love to hear your feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org and this will drive new features in future updates.
What's New in Version 4.2
Thanks for using MusicStreamer! This update includes the following improvements.
- Support for scrubbing the track position from the iOS lock screen.
- Updated GoogleCast SDK to 3.5.2.
- UI tweaks to differentiate the volume and track position controls.
- Fixed downloading of large files for offline playback.
- Exclude hidden files on NAS drives from MusicStreamer’s scan.
Excellent app for what it does... needs iOS 11 support and high res flac fix though
This is a great app for streaming music. I do this from a NAS. Only a couple of gripes that keep this from being a 5 star app.
1. No support for split view etc. Would be nice to see this updated for iOS 11.
2. High resolution Flac files are not sent to an external DAC in the correct format. The app is downsampling these. A work-around is to start with a high res m4a or wav file then stream your Flac files and the app will no longer downsample.
3. One last tiny quibble... some components of the UI don't seem to be scaled properly on large iPad pros, i.e. preference menus. You end up with some pretty large wonky looking text.
It took several minutes to scan my music folder on a network attached storage drive on my network. After that, I can access all of my music anywhere in my house. I use an old iPhone to plug into a 1960 Dynaco tube amp setup. It sounds wonderful!
Update: Still going strong! It sees my NAS drive plugged into a network switch, a 4TB USB3 drive plugged into a router, a USB thumb drive plugged into the same router, and all my shared drives on PCs scattered about the house. Using various iPhones and iPads all over the house and yard.
So nice to have easy access to my full music collection whether the files are FLAC, AAC, MP3 or others. Two suggestions, please, 1) offer ability to sort by track # instead of file name and 2) add a Genre selector similar to the current Album and Artist selectors.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 19.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2015 Stratospherix LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.