-The best apps for parents and teachers in 2018 at the Educational App Store
-Winner of the German Pedagogical Media Award 2018
-More than 300,000 kids worldwide learn through play every day
“Magically, kids intuitively pick up on the basic principles associated with music and have a blast doing so!” Teachers with Apps
Mussila Music School is a music learning app for kids. It teaches kids music through gamified and joyful exercises and classical music courses that keep kids motivated to learn more. At the end of each session, the student will be able to play a song from a great classical piece and know the theory basics behind it. Kids and parents love it and teachers recommend Mussila!
Learn by playing
Mussila Music School teaches kids:
• The instruments
• The rhythm
• Playing the piano
• Reading sheet music
Classical music courses:
Learn to play Swan Lake, Magic Flute and get to know Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, and other masters.
• Over 20 music courses
• +1,000 musical challenges
• New Courses every month
• Educational cards with facts about music
• Fun music games
• Parent progress reports
With Mussila DJ the kids get:
• Fun DJ set to scratch
• Collection of beats and music
• Opportunity to create own music
How it works:
• Learn by playing the piano right from the start
• Get to know the song through skill building challenges
• Each challenge is scored using three stars
• Recognise the critical instruments in the song
• Learn to define the rhythm
• Learn to read sheet music
• Get instant feedback on your playing and improve your knowledge in music theory and piano skills
• By finishing the course, the student enters the Jam session, dresses the avatar and becomes a conductor by arranging the song with a choice of 14 different instruments.
Awards & Recognitions
• Creative Business Cup - Global Finalist 2018
• The German Pedagogical Media Award - Winner, 2018
• Best app for kids 2018
• Best app for parents 2018
• The Best App for teachers 2018 - Educational App Store
• Founder of the Year-Nordic Startup awards 2017
• Margret Juliana won the GWIN awards for education and research, 2017
How the Subscription Works:
Mussila offers three types of subscriptions:
- Monthly Premium Subscription
- Mussila Premium Trimonthly Subscription
- Mussila Premium Yearly Subscription
TRY IT FOR FREE!
7-day free trial! ! If you enjoy your Mussila trial, do nothing, and your subscription will automatically continue.
- All app users can play two free courses. Upgrade to a premium subscription package at any time.
- Subscribers will receive full access to all courses and games.
- New courses and songs added every month!
- All recurring subscriptions will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of the chosen package.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on your iOS device.
- Payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
For questions or assistance, please visit
Like us on Facebook: /https://www.facebook.com/mussilamussila//
Learn more on our Website: https://www.mussila.com
Reach out to us at email@example.com
A variety of classical music and folk song courses from all over the world.
-20 music courses based on famous music works
-10 song courses & 10 piano practice courses with over 1,000 musical challenges.
-Educational learning cards
Ratings and Reviews
Music teacher approval
As a music teacher, I’m always looking for good educational music apps to supplement curriculum. I’m not sure how I would fit this into a classroom, but I tried it out at home with my own second grader and it was a big hit!
Pros: instruments sound like they should (unlike other apps I’ve tried where they sound very synthesized)
Ear training component is wonderful. Both rhythm reading and note reading.
The rhythms are complex right away, but easily identified. My son had to really listen to pick which rhythm was being played, but it wasn’t so hard he was frustrated.
Simple enough for young kids to use (probably pre-k+).
Engaging and cute. The format is simple and the layout was intuitive.
Cons: only one kid can play at a time!
There is not the ability for multiple user accounts.
Overall, a great little music theory app! Thank you!
Music theory educational game for kids and prents
This is a really good game for kids that want to improve their musical skills. My kids (3 and 5 years old) have been playing this game for many hours and had loads of fun. I can feel improvements on the order one, he's more aware of music in general and he understands the basics of music theory with no prior education in music theory. This is also a great game for prents to co-play and spend quality time together.
Music Educator Disapproval
I do like that they are addressing key components of music (rhythm, instrument timbre, melody, etc.), but how the concepts are executed needs work. The rhythms are not quite accurate. This is critical to learning them correctly, especially when subdividing the beat into sixteenth note patterns. The instruments are poor digital imitations. A few of these could be confusing to a child because they make some sound similar. The melodic ear training is a good thing to include. I just hope if the rhythms of the melodies are more complex as you progress, that they would be more accurate than the strict rhythm identification sections.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review. The rhythms have been reviewed by two professional musicians number of times. There may however some errors have slipped through (there are a few hundred samples of them within the game) or they may have occurred in the programming which is quite complicated in a music app such as ours. We strive to keep the sound quality and performance as good as we can and that means that we are translating the music from one format to another several times and often manually too. We could not agree more that accuracy and quality of sound should be of highest standard, in particular for the beginners. We will look into this immediately and see if we can find these errors and fix them for our next update. Many thanks again for writing to us, it is well appreciated. All the best from us in the Mussila team.
- Rosamosi ehf.
- 260.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Rosamosi ehf.
- In-App Purchases
- Forest- Keyboard Free
- Mussila Planets Free
- Mussila 1-Year Subscription $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.