Must lets you rate, review and track movies and TV shows, connect with your friends, manage a movie wish list and discover movies and series tailored to your individual taste. With built-in machine learning and AI, explore a new truly personal Must Match movie rating system, based on ratings of other users with exactly the same taste as you.
Start your experience by creating and managing two movie lists: the movies you’ve watched and the movies you want to watch. When a movie is marked “watched”, you can rate it, write a short review of it and share it with friends. When a movie is marked “wanted”, our movie tracker will let you know when it becomes available.
In case of series, you can manage your viewing experience by season, per episode. Track TV shows produced by Netflix, HBO, FX, FOX, The CW, NBC and BBC. Must is going to notify you when new episodes are aired or available for streaming.
A home page will greet you with the list of most trending movies, recommended specifically for you films, as well as those movies that are currently playing in theaters. All movies and series available on Apple iTunes offer a direct link for your convenience. Watch the latest trailers or get inspired with a movie suggestion by checking film collections curated by Must editors.
An activity feed provides relevant account activity as well as keeps you informed about movies and series your friends have watched or want to watch, their ratings, comments and likes. Ask them questions, debate over opinions, make recommendations or invite them to the movies!
Your personal profile summarizes your watching activity, provides you with a social rank within Must and equips you with cool insights on your favorite actors and filmmakers, among other stats.
Connect with friends and other movie buffs outside of the app, with a public profile link (mustapp.com/@username), which you can share with them on social media. Direct linking is also enabled for any specific movie or series you’d like to recommend.
Whether you watch movies or watch TV shows, Must ensures that you get the most social experience to enjoy movies anywhere in the world!
Find movies by genres
You can now view and find movies by genres! Simply launch the Search page and pick a genre, or search for your favourite genre directly in the Search bar.
You’ll note that we’ve also entirely rebuilt the Search page. It makes it easier to discover new films, explore popular profiles and find notable members to follow.
This update also includes various bug fixes and changes, including:
— added a native iOS keyboard for typing anything within the app;
— scrolling pages with comments.
Ratings and Reviews
Show me a film I like.
Must is an all-around great app in terms of usability and design. The user interface, which resembles the official iOS theme is great. I’ve been using Letterboxd, which is a similar film logging app but I’d consider switching over. I like how the poster art is really clean and up to date. The ability to see what episodes are available for a series and rate a specific season is a really nice addition and shows attention to detail.
While I love the app in its current state, there’s still some things that could use improvement. Different views would be a nice addition. I appreciate that it focuses on the poster art, but I like being able to see all the films I’ve watched and seeing only two horizontally seems like poor design. A dark mode would be nice but not a priority. Being able to import films from a CSV file would be ideal for users like me who have used other film logging apps but I understand it’s not a feature that most users would need. The share pop-up after logging a film is kind of annoying and I wish there was an option to turn it off.
Overall, the app is almost perfect and it’s only been out for such a short time. I look forward to new features and improvements in the upcoming months.
Thank you for your comments, will discuss inside the team. In refer to import your movie collection form other services – we have iMDB import now, please find the instruction here http://support.mustapp.com/imdb/
This is exactly the app I was looking for!!
I’ve tried many tv show tracking apps over the years, and this is the app I’ve always wanted. It’s near perfect execution of the concept—and then some!
The flaws I’m pointing out below and very nit picky. If you’re looking for a show tracking app, GET THIS APP. Period.
There are a few things that could use some improvement:
1. Navigation speed: it’s very slow to navigate in the app, for example if you tap the thumbnail or when you’re viewing the episode list, you have to swipe down 3 times to get the main screen (which would be fine but those swipes take way too long—what I mean by this is compare this to Twitter, when you’re talking to someone in the DMs, you can swipe back and it’s instant—I think the animations take too long in this app? I’m not sure).
2. Sharing reviews: I constantly get asked to share my review on twitter or other social media sites. I do NOT want to do that, EVER. Please add the option to turn that off. Please.
3. Dark mode: this app is perfect for dark mode support. It’s a very clean looking app, and I think it would look beautiful in dark mode. Please add support for OLED dark mode, and a gray dark mode. See the different themes in the iOS reddit app, it has OLED (which is pure black), and a gray dark mode if you’re not clear on what I mean.
Again: GET THIS APP. It’s great!
- Must App Corp.
- 80.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © MustApp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.