Must-Have Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
By Meredith Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can get the very best-of-the-best recipes, secrets, and tips — inspired by our famous Better Homes and Gardens Red Plaid Cookbook — absolutely FREE! In all, more than 570 free recipes, with photos of every one...
Mouthwatering main dishes. Savory salads and sides. Creamy casseroles. Quick and easy everyday dinners. Slow-cooker sensations. Bubbly stews. Our most decadent desserts.
But that’s just the start ...
• Get more than 570 delicious recipes FREE, each with a gorgeous photo
• See any of the 151 how-to videos that guarantee success in your kitchen
• Share recipes by email, Facebook, and Pinterest
• Add notes and substitutions to any recipe, so every dish suits your family’s preferences
• Organize your favorites inside your recipe box
• Personalize the app with more chapters — 101 recipes each — for just 99¢
• Create shopping lists for different stores or special occasions, and check off ingredients as you add them to your cart
• Find just what you’re looking for with advanced filter capabilities like fast and healthy
• Receive rewards when you engage with the app by saving, sharing, and learning about cooking
• FREE: Bonus recipes from our sponsors
• PLUS, for a limited time, get this FREE Must-Have Recipes app and we’ll also treat you to our latest issue of Better Homes and Gardens Magazine ... it’s our free gift to you!
• Notification Center that displays Recipe of the Day from Better Homes and Gardens
What users are saying about Must-Have Recipes:
• Love it: It is like having a cookbook on my phone. But easier to search. Very helpful tips, too. —Lindsey mykel
LOVE THIS. I’ve never even rated an app but I’m so impressed with this one that I had to! It’s AMAZING. I’ve tried at least 8 cooking apps and this is, by far, the best one. It’s well rounded user friendly and full of great recipes!! It even has general cooking videos that are greatly appreciated by a college student : ) I’m obsessed with this app, great work. —jhking90
Fantastic Cookbook App!!!! Love the hard copy BHG cookbook, and this is even better! Organizes your favorites into your own groups, and the shopping list it compiles from each recipe you want to make is invaluable!! Incredibly elegant programming that makes sense, works the way you’d expect it to, and fantastic graphics. An incredible app. And all for FREE!! Download it NOW!!!” —Spinnin’ Wheeler
• Amazing! I love this app!!! There are so many different recipes and ideas and they all look so delicious! My favorite thing is the shopping list though…it’s sooo helpful and useful! —BFerdinand
• The BEST of the BEST: This app is so great! It’s everything from my moms old cookbooks, but updated and on my phone. I have always loved this cookbook and it brings back so many good memories of learning to cook. Thanks for making it so easy to use every day. —MrFashion
• Super! Love this recipe app! Very nice & informative “How to” videos…clear & crisp images. Oh & the built in Timer on top! Nice touch. —MACDIVAMl2
• I love the app! If I’m shopping and want to find something good for dinner the recipe and shopping list are at my fingertips! No more forgotten lists at home! : ) —Dirtdog724
We welcome your suggestions and concerns. Please e-mail us at MustHaveRecipes@meredith.com for support.
What's New in Version 3.1.6
Minor enhancements and bug fixes.
For a long time I put off reviewing this app. I'd delete it and then download it again. I have a love/hate relationship with it. While it has a lot of good recipes it is missing too many others. Yes, it's free. I get that. But still. Not one recipe for a sautéed chicken breast? C'mon!
Anyway, it's the confusing mix of solid classic foods (beef stew, roast chicken, pot roast) with awful recipes that use processed foods that bugs me. And what processed food recipes! Beef stroganoff casserole (?) with packaged cooked beef. Simple beef and noodles with packaged beef tips & gravy AND condensed mushroom soup! Chicken enchilada pasta with canned refried beans, a packet of taco seasoning and a can of enchilada sauce. And omissions abound. Many breakfast casseroles but not a single recipe for scrambled eggs, fried eggs or an omelette. I suppose its a "something for everyone" app. It's just not for me.
For beginners wanting to learn or good cooks looking to expand their horizons, you'd do better to buy Joy of Cooking or How To Cook Everything. Both are spendy, $8-10, but worth it. Several thousand truly classic recipes each. Joy even has audible cooking steps, so your device stays clean, and although HTCE offers more variations and better organization, like the ability to use a custom Favorites list to create a menu, both are excellent reference cookbooks as well as solid recipe apps for everyday kitchen use. I like them both.
Decent for beginner
This app is not that bad. The main bug I have experienced on this is 1/4 of the screen on my right does not respond to anything at all so I cannot tap on anything or favorite anything new. This seems to go on and off. Not sure what causes it.
In terms of recipes; they are easy to understand and i always like picture references. The recipes do taste pretty good and the gallery gives me ideas of what to make or use as a guide. Instructions are easy and i have yet to burn or mess up anything.
I do wish more recipes will be added and the bug to be fixed. Other than that, I don't mind paying a dollar for more recipes.
It is great for a beginner! (I'll use it to help teach my granddaughter to cook) and has great ideas for us seasoned cooks, too.
Please please please remember that some of us have older iPads with IOS 6 ONLY. Please don't shut us out with newer versions that require buying a new iPad!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Mar 02, 2015
- Version: 3.1.6
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Meredith Corporation
- © 2012 Meredith Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Healthy Recipes$0.99
- Slow Cooker Favorites$0.99
- 30-Minute Dinners$0.99
- Casserole Recipes$0.99
- Mexican Recipes$0.99
- Soups & Stews$0.99
- Grilled Favorites$0.99
- Cookies & Bars$0.99
- Fall Baking$0.99
- Fresh Recipes$0.99