By Michal Konrad Owsiak
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Thank you for all the suggestions and comments, but please, do not send bug reports and feature requests via application rating system. I am not even able to answer them. Use support e-mail instead. Thanks! ***
Have you ever wanted to mute your microphone exactly the same way as Output Volume? Now it is possible.
MuteMyMic provides you with easy way to control Input Volume from the status bar or via keyboard shortcuts.
- (F5) - decrease volume
- (F6) - increase volume
- (option+F5) - Mute/Unmute
- (option+F6) - Maximize volume
Application works in a background and allows you to control the Input Volume with a single key or mouse click while at the same time you can enjoy your favorite applications that require your mic.
Now, you can adjust volume of your Internet phone calls right from the keyboard shortcuts.
Since version 1.10 there is no longer Growl integration. However, MMM will still use notification center. It will notify you each time input volume was changed by other applications.
There is a new feature - "force mute". Whenever MuteMyMic determines that microphone was unmuted it will mute it again (this feature can be enabled/disable via Preferences panel).
What's New in Version 1.10
- minor bug fixes
- removed Growl support - sorry for that but I am switching to notification centre
- support for Dark/Light themes
Showing great potential
▪ Force Mute working! The growl notifications show it actively overriding volume changes. I believe WebEx was the culprit.
▪ Supported! Email to support on 26 Feb 2015 received a rapid reply! The icon is not visible with dark menu bar theme enabled. Answer: The latest update has addressed the issue and is in the Apple store approval pipeline.
▪ Good features: removing the app from the dock, saving dock space, red icon when muted, input threshold control.
What could be better:
▪ Needs user control over keyboard hot-keys.
▪ The hotkeys should ideally integrate with the system preferences > keyboard > shortcuts.
Convenient global control of my microphone is essential to my work. My previous app is not updated for OS X Yosemite.
Thank you for developing and supporting this application.
Updated for version 1.10. Effectively mutes my microphone even with applications which actively control microphone volume, such as WebEx. Essential. No more chance of a teleconference moderator un-muting my mic, causing a socially embarassing or disastrous business situation.
Icon visibility improved with dark menu bar theme in OS X Yosemite.
Still wishing for ability to reassign hot key.
Appears to have very low resource use.
One of my few must have apps. Keeps a master mute button in one easy to get to location and has saved me from accidenly having a open mic on conference calls. Developer is quick to respond and make updates apon reqest. Thanks for the dark mode support!