Mutual is the largest and fastest growing LDS dating app!
Mutual is a place where LDS singles can make meaningful connections that lead to real dating. The app was created by BYU grads who know how difficult it can be to meet others with similar interests and standards, especially outside of Provo. Mutual offers features that help you get to know other single Mormons beyond their profile photos, by highlighting information such as mission location, mutual friends, and interests you share in common with potential matches.
The Mutual team is committed to upholding the standards of our faith, and making Mutual a genuine and safe place you can trust. Everyone is required to sign in through Facebook to ensure people are who they claim to be, and all profiles get reviewed by one of our LDS team-members before entering our community. We also make it easy to report inappropriate behavior in the app, to maintain a positive environment for everyone.
In the words of Brigham Young, "This is the place."
MUTUAL UP - MORE FEATURES
Upgrade to Mutual Up for access to exclusive new features, including: Ward Hop to change your location and match around the world, Unlimited Double Takes to undo past swipes, Ninja Mode to go invisible to everyone except people you swipe up on, More Filters to filter by height, and Daily Notes to stand out and increase your chance of matching.
Mutual is free to use, but if you choose to purchase Mutual Up, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current Mutual Up subscription price starts at $9.99 USD/month. Prices are in U.S. dollars, may vary in countries other than the U.S. and are subject to change without notice. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
Mutual LLC is not owned by or affiliated in any way with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (sometimes called the LDS Church)
Ratings and Reviews
Not Perfect, but Effective
As a woman, it feels good to be able to play an active role in dating, as opposed to just waiting around for someone to ask me out. I moved out east when I got home from the mission, and the sudden scarcity of Mormon guys to date combined with my post-mission awkwardness lead to going on exactly one date for the whole first year home (sorry prez!😬). This app turned that around. With it I started going on dates again—albeit not a ton, but dates still the same. I could chat with and meet guys from the area that weren’t in my Stake.
Downsides: The maximum geographical distance they give you before you have to jump to infinite is only 250 miles, which isn’t ideal for people on the East Coast. Also, there are a few non-mormons using the app that don’t realize it’s a Mormon thing. Not a big deal, but good to be aware of. I also wish the notifications could make a sound when I get a message instead of just being a silent banner.
Great app, though. Made all the difference.
Has potential but needs work
- Tags are a fun way to quickly tell people about you.
- Ability to undo last swipe
- ready to date meter that tells you if they’re looking for a serious relationship or not
- ability to take a second look at who you’ve passed up on when you run out of matches (although it doesn’t work half the time)
- App gives me an error message literally every time I use it that prevents me from using the app. I have to close it out and reboot it repeatedly.
- Not even close to enough room to describe yourself. There’s room for about two medium length sentences.
- No designated place to tell: whether you have kids, want kids, or any details about you other than where you’re from, where your mission was, and where you went to school; or absolutely anything about what you’re looking for
- If I want to change my profile pic to a photo that isn’t in the system yet, I’ve got to delete all of the ones that are and start from scratch.
- In order to make my pictures be the appropriate size on the screen and not be zoomed in so much that half of the photo is missing, I had to take screenshots of my pics in the photos app on my phone with all of the extra black space on the screen and then upload those instead.
- My “about me” section is blank to other viewers even though when I look at my profile in editing mode, my short description is there.
A good app with good intentions
I give this app 1 star due to many bugs and it’s users. Works when it wants to. Also I found this app is full of fake people. The makers of the app had good intentions but the users have made it bad. Found that most users I have met through this app don’t want to date, have high standards therefore don’t ever get into a relationship, also the biggest most common thing is “ I am damaged “ by previous relationships (from years ago), damaged by someone on this app, I don’t want to date/relationship ready, or they are players dating multiple guys/girls. For an LDS app I had bigger expectations but it is like all the other “free” dating apps. Use this app at your own risk. I have found that the real men/women looking for relationships pay for dating apps, it weeds out the free app users who just are not really ready for actually dating/relationships, the ones who make it away to feel good about themselves by swiping and matching with the most people and have no real intention to actually date, the game players, the hook up people.
- Mutual LLC
- 49.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Mutual LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Mutual Up - 1 Month $9.99
- Mutual Up - 1 Month $19.99
- Package of 20 Notes $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.