Easy to Get Started:
Start today by downloading the Mvelopes budget app and use it for free for 1 month, add your financial institutions and come up with a budget that will keep you on the path to financial freedom. You will get all your transactions sent to your Mvelopes account and you will easily be able to track all your account balances in one easy to use the app. Mvelopes uses an envelope budgeting method to help you plan and track your household or personal budget. You can assign and manage your budget, as well as receive feedback on where you have spent your money and how much you have remaining
Mvelopes offers 4 different in-app subscriptions that will auto-renew unless canceled.
- Mvelopes Basic Monthly -$3.99/mo or $39.99/yr - Unlimited Envelopes, Unlimited Accounts, Live Chat Support.
- Mvelopes Plus -$18.99/mo or $189.99/yr - Unlimited Envelopes, Unlimited Accounts, Live Chat, Learning Center, and a Quarterly Coaching Session.
Each user is eligible for one 30 day free trial. Upgrading or downgrading to a subscription will not enable a new 30 day free trial. These plans are:
- Mvelopes Basic Monthly - No Trial - $3.99/mo
- Mvelopes Basic Yearly - No Trial - $39.99/mo
- Mvelopes Plus Monthly - No Trial - $18.99/mo
- Mvelopes Plus Yearly - No Trial - $189.99/mo
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase or if it has a trial at the end of the trial period.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Mvelopes is an A + Rated Business with the Better Business Bureau
• Tool for Tidying Up Your Budget - Credit Karma
• Named best app for “Over Spenders” - Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
• App That Makes Budgeting Fun - WiseBread
• Best Online Money Management Tool - Nasdaq
• Budget App for Recent Graduates - NerdWallet
• Right Tool for Keeping Financial Resolutions - CreditCards.com
• App That Helps Manage Your Student Loans - SoFi
• Budget Tool for the New Year - Chicago Tribune
Get The Most Out Of Your Money
Use the Mvelopes budget app to help make more informed budgeting decisions and future plans. Track your bank accounts and credit card balances alongside your budget to help pay off your debt and increase savings faster. Create a financial plan for the future and make it happen.
Save time with the Mvelopes budget app and its access to over 16,000 financial institutions, so you can focus on managing finances and not entering transactions. Be secure with in-app security settings, a four-digit PIN or your Mvelopes username and password.
• Import your bank and credit card accounts and track your spending within Mvelopes
• Unlimited envelopes and financial institutions can be used in your account
• Use digital envelope budgeting system to organize and simplify your finances
• Easily access or adjust your budget on the go
• Categorized spending helps you make informed decisions when you shop
• Inbox-style transactions makes it easy to stay on top of your budget every day
• All-in-one accounts screen lets you view your checking, savings and credit card balances in one place
• Assign transactions to envelope categories, including splitting individual transactions into separate categories
• Complete, real-time synchronization with the Mvelopes web app at Mvelopes.com
• Money saving tips, ebooks, and videos inside the app
- General Enhancements
- Bugs fix and stability
- Updated version to align with our web application
Ratings and Reviews
The Ultmate Budget Tool
It's funny to say this, but Mvelopes changed my life. I've tried and looked at many other apps. But they are just not the same. Mvelopes is the absolute best envelope budgeting app on the market. Not only do I use it, but it also allows my wife to have it too (same subscription and account. I read some reviews about the price - but really? It's the best investment I make with my money. The only free options out there DON'T DO what Mvelopes does (cash management) and the other apps like Mint just use your information to sell you credit cards and other stuff that creates debt. I've also tried their coaching products which I think they call the Plus and the Complete. You get a financial coach who helps you put together a plan and then you meet over the phone each month to review your budget and goals. These are a little pricier, but again, it's an investment. And in our case, the money we saved using the app, and following the plan of our coach saved us sooooooo much more. She was simply amazing to talk to and really knew her stuff. I would recommend this service for anyone who feels a little stressed, intimidated or is struggling with their finances. Overall, I'm a HUGE MVELOPES fan!
"Rich" College Kid
Man, oh, man! I am all about time management, being frugal, and doing what I want, when I want. Mvelopes has literally turned my life around. I have been able to go from borrowing all of my tuition and working part time, to working full time, budgeting my money (and using other apps, my time) to pay for school out of pocket. My retirement has grown, I'm 22, my net worth is finally over 5k, I never thought I'd be able to get to a point where I was in control financially, especially while still in my undergrad.
I feel proud and confident, and I have the ability to save for the things I want and see my savings grow. It's marvelous. I like the online version best for the comprehensive yearly trends to analyze where you spend your money.
Edit: I love mvelopes when it works, but their customer service is non-existent. I waited 2 weeks before I came and edited and knocked my ratings down a few stars. They now require you to pay for the app, and then once something goes wrong with your account, you are SOL. I want to love this company again, but I feel like a sitting duck waiting for my email to be answered or my ticket to be resolved.
Developer Response ,
Our customer support tries to fix any problem within 8 hours. If it requires our engineers to look at it and fix some of our data aggregation code that obviously takes longer. We're happy to update you on your ticket and what's going on through mvelopes.com/contact.
Going back to Goodbudget; App not well supported
Update: Dropped to one star because the app is slowly falling apart even as the app is forcing me to pay monthly for what used to be free. Will drop at the end of this month and pick up a new budget app in January. Now it doesn’t sync with any of my accounts and I have changed nothing on my end.
Update: Dropping to two stars. Every since users were forced to a minimum payment plan, the app has quit working with two of my three bank accounts. One has had a support ticket open for two months. I resent having to pay a monthly fee and get even less service than the free version.
I've been using this app in 2017 and like many things about it. Took a LONG time to set it up, though. Not as intuitive as it seems to understand the way the credit card accounts work and catch up on pre-app transactions. I like it but I really miss the reporting functions Goodbudget has. I used that for all of 2016 but wanted to find something that was easier to sync. Please, Mvelopes, if you are reading this, add a reports function so we can see income vs spending and categories as percentages of spending--and on a monthly and yearly basis. Without it, I may drift back to Goodbudget.
Developer Response ,
Sorry your accounts haven't been updating so you can take advantage of your budget in Mvelopes.
We're working on mobile reports for our next big update to the mobile app. You can currently find the reports you're looking for in our web app.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help with your connection issues so your Mvelopes can better meet your needs.
- Finicity Corporation
- 144.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Finicity Corp.
- In-App Purchases
- Mvelopes Basic Monthly $3.99
- Mvelopes Basic Monthly $3.99
- Mvelopes Basic Yearly $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.