My Aquarium Guide
By Tayson Nguyen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Will this fish be compatible with my tank? How do I know if my tank is overcrowded?
Avoid making common mistakes and take the guess work out of fish keeping!
My Aquarium Guide will help you create a beautiful and harmonious aquarium. My Aquarium Guide is perfect for anyone who owns an aquarium or are thinking of starting this hobby that will become a source of endless relaxation and joy.
Using My Aquarium Guide:
1. Select the size of your tank
2. Choose the types of fish and how many of each you would like to add to your tank
3. My Aquarium Guide will tell you if any of the fish are incompatible with each other
4. My Aquarium Guide will tell you if you have too many fish for your tank size
5. Print, email, or just bring the app with you when you visit your nearest pet store
+ No internet connection required
+ 100+ types of fish to choose from
+ Beautiful photos of each fish
+ Fish information such as temperament, care difficulty, size, and average cost
+ Warns you of any fish incompatibilities
+ Print or email your aquarium setup
+ Share your aquarium setup on Facebook and Twitter
What's New in Version 1.6.0
+ Updated for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Helpful for beginners, but no search??
My kids and I just started a tank. This app helps us plan for companions and capacity. So far it's been pretty useful except there's no good way to search the library of fish and plant species. Finding fish by photo can take a little time!
I tried submitting feedback but the email bounced back to me. So here is my feedback:
- Aquarium size should be text entry. The slider is really hard to get exact.
- I couldn't find Wonderbulb (Aponogeton Crispus) in the plant list. The plant list seems kind of small.
- Fish and plants should be Searchable, as I mentioned above. 😀
- I would love to see typical aquarium maintenance timers on a per-aquarium basis such as "change water" and "change filter". This would great for beginners like me, especially if the reminder linked to an article in the app!
Finally I would love it if this app could also record regular readings like temp, chemical test results, etc. and offer solutions to common problems such as "pH is too high". That is probably out of scope of what this app was designed for but I figured I'd mention it!
Good tool/resource for beginners
Selected this app to help my 8 year old son (and myself) in setting up his first fish tank. This is something he is earning through good behavior and chores so to assist with being patient until he has achieved the goal we have been researching the size tank and what fish are compatible with the size, a beginner owner, and other fish. This is a helpful resource in which it gives important details that will lower the risk of problems such as overcrowding, aggressive pairings, schooling fish, etc. highly recommend!
I love this app! It is so easy to use and very helpful! It includes a guide on how to treat different fish diseases which I found came in handy! I love to experiment with different combinations of fish in different tanks! That helps me brainstorm for future tanks! I also love how it comes with warnings so that you don't put a schooling fish alone or in too small a school and so that you don't mix certain fish! I would recommend this app to any aquarist, a beginner or an expert!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 14, 2015
- Version: 1.6.0
- Size: 52.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tayson Nguyen
- © 2013 Tayson Nguyen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Saltwater Fish Pack$1.99
- Plants Pack$1.99
- African Cichlids Pack$1.99
- Exotic Fish Pack$0.99