MY ASICS Run Training
By ASICS Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start training with MY ASICS. Create personalized running training plans for full marathons, half marathons, 10K, 5K, 10 mile and 5 mile distances. MY ASICS training plans adapt to your goals and abilities as you run, and automatically adjust your schedule if you miss a run day. You can also track your running route, total time, lap times, distance, and average pace in real time. Try it now and see why 2 out of 3 MY ASICS runners beat their goals.
DESIGNED FOR ALL RUNNERS
Whether you are just starting out on your first 5K, or you are preparing for your tenth marathon, MY ASICS is designed for you. MY ASICS training plans range in length from 12 to 33 weeks and 2 and 4 day training schedules per week. You can personalize the intensity and frequency of your training plan to match your current running ability and fitness. MY ASICS has all the features you need to maximize your training:
* Get your personalized run training plan in seconds
* View your position and running route on a real-time GPS-based map
* Track your run route, total time, lap times, distance, and average pace
* Adjust your pace to maximize performance
* Look ahead at your schedule, phases and upcoming runs
* Save your routes and sync your runs with online logbook
* Log runs manually, if you prefer to run without your phone
* Share your runs and achievements with friends
* Track the mileage on your shoes and other gear
MY ASICS was developed over 7 years of running performance research by the ASICS Institute of Sport Science in Kobe, Japan. MY ASICS uses a proprietary algorithm to build up your anaerobic threshold to improve endurance and maximize performance.
MY ASICS WORKS WITH YOUR FAVORITE DEVICES
* Apple Watch - control your run and track your progress from your wrist
* SONY Smart B-Trainer — get the wearable headset that allows you to playback music at the right tempo to keep you on-pace for your MY ASICS run
* Seiko ASICS WATCH AP02 — connects directly to your MY ASICS account via the Mac and Windows desktop app
* Import data from Garmin, Polar, Suunto, TomTom and other wearable devices
* Integrate with Runkeeper —sync your account with other health and fitness apps through the web platform
Download MY ASICS and create a free, personalized plan on the "plan" tab— then lace up and start running. If you already have a MY ASICS account, simply log in to sync your current plan and recent runs to the app.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
FEEDBACK & SUPPORT
We would like to know what you think of the app. To send feedback or get support, click on the Feedback button in the Settings section of the app. Get out there and have a great run!
ASICS is a trusted and respected world leader in running, and MY ASICS was created to bring our sport science to every runner who wants to achieve their running goals.
What's New in Version 2.4.8
* Set run reminders and never miss your planned runs
* Voice guidance when you pause and resume your run
* Better guidance for Fast & Comfortable and Build-up run types
* Improved run pause and run finish controls
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
My Asics is a really nifty and useful tool for road running. It keeps track of your mile pace and gives instantaneous updates. Upon the completion of your run, it will show you your route, distance, and splits. While it's a fantastic, free app I have a few recommendations. (1) I don't the gps updates frequently enough to accurately track the windy twists and turns of a trail run-which makes the distance and pace count vary. (2) Inclines and declines aren't (to my knowledge) tracked. It would be interesting to compare how grade affects speed and difficulty of the run. I know the iPhone at least has background apps that tracks flights of stairs, perhaps Asics could pull that figure to add more statistics to the route. (3) I'm not sure if the app is integrated with smart watches, but it would also be neat and informative to see heart rates fluctuations throughout the run. All in all, the app is very useful. I love to view, store, and compare my runs and this app does a phenomenal job of providing that information to the runner. It's great to see Asics invest in the runner's world beyond their shoe line.
Best running app
I love this app. The only thing I would change is the ability for the app to recognize pauses when you're not moving (at traffic lights, etc). Otherwise, it's amazing. I love the customization and being able to reschedule runs. I wonder if everyone using the app is aware it's linked to the my Asics website. On the website you can further customize your workouts and put in notes about how you felt etc. A lot of the critisim on what the app is missing is about features available on the site for no fee! Unlike other reviewers I've had no trouble with the GPS. Use this app!!
I wish the run data automatically synced with my Apple health app. Also I constantly have a red notification on the app and I cannot find out how to clear it. Other than that I really like this app. I was able to use it to move from not running at all to running 3 miles. I had to reset the plan several times because I felt like I needed to grow incrementally and some of the jumps like from 1 mile to 2 miles the first time were too much for me. So I just put in my own one and a half miles sometimes.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 01, 2016
- Version: 2.4.8
- Size: 44.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ASICS Corporation
- © ASICS Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.