Train with MY ASICS - Running Plans, Activity and Pace Tracking, Personalized Coaching, Full & Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, 10 Mile, and 5 Mile Distances
By ASICS Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start training with MY ASICS. Create a customized training plan; track activity and progress; improve your pace and finish strong. Plans are flexible and automatically adapt if you miss a run day. On average, 2 out of 3 MY ASICS runners beat their goals!
AS SEEN IN: THE VERGE, GIZMODO, AND LIFEHACKER
MY ASICS training plans are available for marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K, 10 mile, and 5 mile distances. Training plans range in length from 12 to 33 weeks and 2 and 4 day training schedules per week. You can personalize the intensity and frequency of your training plan to match your current running ability and fitness.
FEATURES DESIGNED FOR YOUR SUCCESS
* Create your free, personalized training plan in seconds
* View your position and route on a realtime map
* Track your route, total time, lap times, distance, and average pace
* Adjust your pace to maximize performance
* Import data from your wearable devices (Web) — Sony, Garmin, Polar, Suunto, TomTom and more!
* Sync your account with other health and fitness apps like RunKeeper (Web)
* Look ahead at your schedule, phases and upcoming runs
* Save your routes and sync your runs with online logbook
* Log runs manually, if you prefer to run without your phone
* Share your runs and achievements with friends
* Track the mileage on your shoes and other gear
MY ASICS was developed over 7 years of running performance research by the ASICS Institute of Sport Science in Kobe, Japan. MY ASICS builds up your anaerobic threshold to improve endurance and maximize performance.
Download MY ASICS and create a free, personalized plan on the "plan" tab— then lace up and start running! If you already have a MY ASICS account, simply log in to sync your current plan and recent runs to the app.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
FEEDBACK & SUPPORT
We would like to know what you think of the app. To send feedback or get support, click on the Feedback button in the Settings section of the app.
Get out there and have a great run!
ASICS is a trusted and respected world leader in running, and MY ASICS was created to bring our sport science to every runner who wants to achieve their running goals.
What's New in Version 2.4.3
• Facebook Connect makes signing up for your MY ASICS account simple and painless. Reach out to your friends and share your new training journey on Facebook! Of course, you can keep on using your existing MY ASICS account's email address to signup and login.
• The first time the MY ASICS app is launched after an update from the App Store, we display a little overlay inside the app with a list of recent additions and bug fixes to make sure that you don't miss any of the nice updates we've made for you.
• When signing up to MY ASICS, a few slides help new users to discover the benefits of our training plans and service.
I am training for my first half. I have given myself lots of time and I love the fact this app lets me set a time frame that is over 6 months away. I wish it had verbal cues, so I have been using this and Nike run at the same time. Today I forgot to stop my run and didn't remember till I was sitting in my kitchen. I love the fact that I could go back into the app and alter the time to when I quit my run. I wish I had a little more control over the exact days I run. I pull a double at work on Mondays and Tuesdays so I can never run on those days. There may be a way I haven't found but right now even when I set my run days at some point in the training it adds a Monday to my schedule.
I liked this app for training for my first full marathon. It has taken me a bit to figure out some of the tricks but it has been helpful.
My only issue is that sometimes you can pause a run and not know it. I use a hand held water bottle with a pouch for my iPhone. When taking the phone out to check splits and distances the pause button can inadvertently be pushed. I have lost 2 long runs this way. Obviously operator error but it is still an issue I think should be addressed.
I also would like a way to alter the plan to compensate for the times when runs aren't possible.
I'm training for my first marathon and I couldn't find a plan that was longer than 12 weeks or that didn't have ridiculous jumps in distance from one week to the next. This app is perfect for me as I'm taking 8 months to train and it gives me a gradual build on distance as well as working on speed and endurance. My only wish is that it had verbal cues like the Gipis app where it tells you to go faster or slower to stay at the correct pace.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 2.4.3
- Size: 42.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ASICS Corporation
- © ASICS Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.