MyBikeRides is a fun and easy to use app whether it’s for pleasure bike riding or advanced cycling.
It provides advantages over most other GPS biking apps:
1.) Easier to use with an auto-pause feature,
2.) An auto GPS shut-off battery saver,
3.) Can get you “Back on Time” or “Back by Dark”, and
4.) Easy to share your route map and ride history.
MyBikeRides is specifically designed for bike riding, not for walking, jogging or running. If you would like an app for those activities, try My.Walk.Run
EASY TO USE
Just tap “Start” and the app does the rest. No account setup required. No registration required. Doesn’t even require a Wi-Fi or cell phone connection, just a GPS signal. MyBikeRides runs in the background so you can continue to use your iPhone to make and receive phone calls, send and receive messages and emails, play music, or run any other apps.
MyBikeRides has an auto-pause feature that pauses up to 30 minutes (by default, settable to 5-60 minutes in Settings) before the app asks you if your activity has “Ended?” With Auto Pause, only the time your are actively moving is used to calculate your average speed, just as if you had used a pause/resume button, but much simpler!
ACCURATE & RELIABLE
MyBikeRides is designed specifically for bicycle riding so it knows when it receives out-of-range GPS data for this activity and disregards the bad data. It also adjusts distance and calories for uphill climbs.
MyBikeRides automatically can detect when you have ended your activity and shuts off the GPS to save your battery.
Ever get caught riding after it is too dark to see or get back late (like when you rent bikes) because you didn’t know when to head-back? With MyBikeRides all you need to do is set the “Return Time” or select “Back by Dark” and it does the rest. It alerts you when to head-back, displays how fast you need to go, and how fast you are currently going. It also displays an Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA).
You can set the “Return Time” when you start your ride or anytime during your ride and you can even choose a different return route and this app can still get you back-on-time!
PERSONAL SAFETY FEATURES
MyBikeRides can provide you with detailed directions back to your starting location by providing Apple Maps with your starting and current location.
If you want others to know where you are, you can send your current location via instant messaging or you can email a map of your route showing where you have been and where you are now.
Settings are set in the Apple “Settings” application. You can choose between the Metric system and USA units of measurement. You must enter your weight in Settings to correctly calculate calories burnt.
• Very easy to use
• Very accurate
• No account setup required
• No registration required
• Displays time, distance and calories
• Adjusts for uphill climbs
• Displays average and current speed
• Provides elevation change
• Provides a route map
• Has auto-pause feature
• Saves battery with auto-end
• Can get you Back-on-Time
• Can get you Back-by-Dark
• Get directions back
• History file for unlimited activities
• Automatic backup of history file
• Share location via messaging
• Share location via email with route map
• Share activity history via email
• Post activity to Facebook
• Metric/US units for worldwide support
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. With MyMyBikeRides a single battery charge can provide over 12 hours of riding on an iPhone.
- Fix issue for smaller iPhones (3.5 inch)
Ratings and Reviews
This app is pretty kool. I jog, bike and run!
This App is very accurate on dist. And time. I love the Mapping and track info as you can back trac without getting lost!
Don't be out after dark!
This app has it all and can even tell you when to be back before it gets dark. Not to mention that it is totally accurate and it knew how far I went so I could track my progress each ride to see how I've improved. The important thing is my battery is still full after my ride.
Super Happy and No Regrets!
Impressively accurate- on the money! My computer, Garmin and this app were extremely close to distance, speed and speed. I did forget to double click to start and stop once or twice, but now I have it down pay!
- Robert Wohnoutka
- 2.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Robert Wohnoutka
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.