My BMW Remote US
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Please note: If you have recently created an account for the My BMW ConnectedDrive portal (www.bmwusa.com/mybmwconnecteddrive), you must log in to the My BMW Remote app using those credentials.
Perhaps you are having trouble locating your BMW in a large parking lot at night or you are unsure if you have locked your parked BMW. With My BMW Remote, you will be able to access remote services to help you in these situations and more, providing you convenience and peace-of-mind. The remote functions of the My BMW Remote app provide you with a connection to your BMW via the mobile phone network.
The My BMW Remote app can be used exclusively by customers with an active BMW Assist contract. 2014 and later vehicles, except X6, also require that the vehicle is equipped with the Remote Services option (option code 6AP).
In order to use the BMW eDrive Services the option code 6AG is required.
• After you have downloaded the app, you will need your personal access information provided in your BMW Assist contract provided to you by your dealership, in order to setup the app. If you are unsure of your username or password, please call BMW Assist toll-free 1-888-333-6118. Please be advised, if you have recently created an account for the My BMW ConnectedDrive portal (www.bmwusa.com/mybmwconnecteddrive), you must log in to the app using those credentials.
Remote functions include the following:
• BMW eDrive Services: Charging status and vehicle range, display of charging stations, settings relating to charging and air conditioning for departure times as well as efficiency calculation for the driver’s own vehicle use.
• Remote Door Lock & Unlock: send a remote command to lock your vehicle or initiate a call to BMW Assist to unlock your vehicle.
• Online search (powered by Google™): search for local businesses, restaurants, and more and transfer details to your vehicle's navigation system.
• Vehicle Finder*: display current vehicle position on a map
• Remote Sound Horn: send a remote command to sound the horn of your BMW to help locate the vehicle.
• Remote Flash Headlights: send a remote command to flash the headlights of your BMW to help locate the vehicle.
• Comfort Ventilation (NEW feature for My BMW Remote): Send a remote command to activate the ventilation immediately or schedule a time to activate the ventilation in the vehicle.
*Note: Vehicle Finder only works if the vehicle is within 0.6 miles (1 kilometer) from the iPhone and the vehicle’s ignition is turned off.
The following vehicles will have Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Online Search, and Vehicle Finder available:
• 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, or 6 Series produced March 2008 or later
• X5 SAV or X6 SAC produced April 2008 or later
• Z4 Roadster from Model Year 2009 or later
• X1 SAV from Model Year 2013 or later
The following vehicles will have Remote Sound Horn and Remote Flash Headlights available, in addition to Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Online Search, and Vehicle Finder:
• X3 SAV from Model Year 2011 or later
• X4 SAV from Model Year 2015 or later
• X5 SAV from Model Year 2014 or later
• 2 Series from Model Year 2014 or later
• 3 Series Sedan from Model Year 2012 or later
• 3 Series Sports Wagon from Model Year 2014 or later
• 3 Series Gran Turismo from Model Year 2014 or later
• 4 Series from Model Year 2014 or later
• 5 Series Gran Turismo from Model Year 2010 or later
• 5 Series Sedan from Model Year 2011 or later
• 6 Series from Model Year 2012 or later
• 7 Series from Model Year 2009 or later
Additionally, the following vehicles will have the ability to use Comfort Ventilation:
• All Model Year 2014 and later vehicles except Z4 Roadster.
The My BMW Remote app is available free of charge to you as a BMW Assist customer. Usage is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for mobility services with BMW Assist.
Please visit www.bmwusa.com/connecteddrive for more information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive.
What's New in Version 5.0.0
Bugfixes and Improvements
Works very good! I use it al the time.
I use this in my 328i 2016. Everything in the app works. The honk, headlight flasher, unlock/lock, maps. I use the maps a lot because in all honesty the voice assistant on BMWs is not as good as Siri or Google Now. So I the maps feature to look for my location and send via text message to the car. Then I just open and hit start Nav. On my 2015 the honk was greyed out. I think BMW is fixing the bugs as they go and on the newer models finally this works good. Not frustrating at all, and I like that I can log in with my finger touch that the iPhone 6 allows. Very surprised this app has so bad reviews. Believe me BMW would not make an app the is garbage and leave it out there. Just might be people are too picky or they are using older cars. Works perfect!
Works well for me
I have had zero issues using this for the occasional lock the car and send addresses for the Nav for my 2016 M4. This App does not do a lot, but it has worked everytime for me for what it does do. Got car in Feb 2016, loaded App then also. Would love to see remote start and remote top up (convertible). Would be awesome if it could turn on seat warmers, etc, which theoretically they could add, but I still use this App as is.
I see a lot of negative reviews I think that is mainly from people not knowing how to use it or link it up with there car. It works great with my BMW though. It did take a couple extra steps then I would have liked to set it up but that's due to security you wouldn't want just anyone to be able to turn your lights on honk your horn etc
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 08, 2016
- Version: 5.0.0
- Size: 36.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- © 2013 BMW of North America LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.