My BMW Remote
By BMW GROUP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Perhaps you are having trouble locating your BMW in a large parking lot at night or you are unsure if you have locked your parked BMW. With My BMW Remote, you will be able to access remote services to help you in these situations and more, providing you convenience and peace-of-mind. The remote functions of the My BMW Remote app provide you with a connection to your BMW via the mobile phone network.
The "My BMW Remote" app can be used exclusively by customers with an active BMW Assist contract. After you have downloaded the app, you will need your personal access information provided in your BMW Assist contract provided to you by your dealership, in order to setup the app. If you are unsure of your username or password, please call BMW Assist toll-free 1-888-333-6118. Please be advised, it is not currently possible for US customers to login using your My BMW or ConnectedDrive Portal credentials.
Remote functions include the following:
• Remote Door Lock & Unlock: send a remote command to lock your vehicle or initiate a call to BMW Assist to unlock your vehicle.
• Online search (powered by GoogleTM): search for local businesses, restaurants, and more on the iPhone and transfer details to the vehicle navigation system.
• Vehicle Finder*: display current vehicle position on a map in the iPhone.
• Remote Sound Horn: send a remote command to sound the horn of your BMW to help locate the vehicle.
• Remote Flash Headlights: remote control of configurable exterior light functions to help locate the vehicle.
*Note: This feature only works if the vehicle is within 0.6 miles (1 kilometer) from the iPhone and the vehicle’s ignition is turned off.
The following vehicles will have Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Google Local Search, and Vehicle Finder available:
• 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, or 6 Series produced March 2008 or later
• X5 SAV or X6 SAC produced April 2008 or later
• Z4 Roadster from Model Year 2009 or later
• X1 SAV from Model Year 2013 or later
The following vehicles will have Remote Sound Horn and Remote Flash Headlights available, in addition to Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Google Local Search, and Vehicle Finder:
• X3 SAV from Model Year 2011 or later
• 3 Series Sedan from Model Year 2012 or later
• 3 Series Sports Wagon from Model Year 2014 or later
• 5 Series Gran Turismo from Model Year 2010 or later
• 5 Series Sedan from Model Year 2011 or later
• 6 Series from Model Year 2012 or later
• 7 Series from Model Year 2009 or later
The "My BMW Remote" app is available free of charge to you as a BMW Assist customer. Usage is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for mobility services with BMW Assist.
For further information about My BMW Remote, including Frequently Asked Questions, please visit www.bmwusa.com/apps.
Please visit www.bmwusa.com/connecteddrive for more information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive.
What's New in Version 2.8
This version, as well as all previous versions of My BMW Remote, is no longer compatible with US vehicles. In order to continue to use My BMW Remote with a US vehicle, please download the newest version (“My BMW Remote US”) via the following link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-bmw-remote-us/id786203885?ls=1&mt=8.
Probably the most useless app in the AppStore
Never seen an app as useless as this. Almost as useless as the MyBMW website.
Doors can be locked but not unlocked. Have to call someone. Ridiculous.
Can only track the location of my car so long as I'm within 0.6 mile. If I'm that close I can probably SEE it. Stupid and pointless.
Google search only seems to work if I paid for yet another optional thing. I need two subscriptions to just use this. INSANE.
Get with the program BMW. This is 2014. These things are expected in car technology without being nickel and dimed to death or locked out of features that are standard in other cars.
Not sure what to think...
It's good to know there is a phone number to call with human beings who are able to unlock doors. I accidentally entered the wrong password into this app a few times the other day, and even after four or five calls this week, I still cannot access the usable features of this app. The operators can unlock my car doors, but nobody there seems to be able to unlock my locked-out account to use this app. I upgraded to this new version, but still nothing works. One star for not even being able to try it out other than the demo. Sorry BMW, I love the car, but this system reeks.
Only halfway useful
This app used to be better. I was able to unlock my car via the app... Now I can't. Why??? A password is still required no matter what... This app is only good to send directions to your car other than that it doesn't work as advertised. Not to mention that you need to pay for two subscriptions to have this fully functional. I'm sorry but I thought that I bought a brand new BMW. I shouldn't be nickeled and dimed at every chance. We should at least get the unlock feature back without having waste time calling someone.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 24, 2014
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- © 2013 BMW Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.