My-Cast Weather Radar
By Garmin DCI
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The award-winning My-Cast app delivers comprehensive yet intuitive weather information specifically for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Un-cluttered base maps display animated radar, clouds and StormWatch severe weather alerts allowing effortless interpretation of how the weather affects your day. As you check out the current weather, you may see drifting clouds or falling rain as My-Cast's distinctive weather themes come to life. Whether you are interested in weather for today, tomorrow or next week, My-Cast has you covered. When severe weather strikes, My-Cast transmits the latest alerts direct from the National Weather Service.
The new My-Cast Weather tropical outlook feature provides you with pertinent real-time tropical weather tracking information that you can animate and interact with, not just static images scraped from other websites. Built on Garmin’s My-Cast weather network, the My-Cast Weather tropical outlook delivers complete data for both the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific regions.
• Real-time, animated radar
• Weather Map with conditions, temperatures, dew points, wind direction and wind speed overlays
• Animated Visible and Infrared Clouds
• Interactive StormWatch map with National Weather Service alerts
• Complete severe weather warnings, watches, and advisory alert text
• 7-day forecast with high/low temperatures and chance of precipitation
• Hourly forecast with temps, wind speed/direction and chance of precipitation
• Bing Base mapping system with imagery and terrain mapping
• Forecast graph including past, present and forecast wind, dew point, temperature, and sky conditions
• Save your favorite and recently viewed locations for anywhere in the U.S.
• Shake for live data refresh
• One-button push for GPS positioning
• Tropical Outlook - Interactive map and NHC bulletins
• Map Controls Fade - once selections have been made for basemap type, opacity and looping, those controls will fade away allowing an unobstructed view of the map
• Add Location by Map Touch - Simply tap the map at the desired location and My-Cast will add it to your saved locations list
• No ads!
What's New in Version 1.6.2
Corrects issue finding current location for some devices
Used to be My favorite weather app
It WAS a great app but unfortunately no iPad version ever materialized and it hasn’t seen an update since 2011 so it can’t even fill an iPhone 5 screen. Unless Garmin decides to provide an update soon, I think it would safe to assume that this app is now discontinued.
Original 5 star review below==============================
I've been using this app for years and so far it's the best weather app I've seen for the iPhone, and I've tried quite a few. I just wish there was an iPad specific version. I especially like how much information gets packed onto certain screens without cluttering the screen. I'm also very fond of the lightning notifications. They seem to be very accurate and very timely, although at times it can get interesting explaining why there are thunder sounds coming out of my pocket. $10 a year may seem a bit excessive, but I have friends who golf and absolutely love this feature.
I'm running it on an iPhone 4S under iOS 6.0 and haven't had any problems. To anyone having problems I suggest deleting it and reinstalling it and making sure location services are enabled.
All in all, a bargain at four dollars.
Great improvements, but disappointed at being charged again.
I have been using My-Cast on my phones since 2004. I have been using the iPhone version, My-Cast OneLook since 2008 and had a few issues with it when I upgraded to iOS4, but it was still useable. When I upgraded to iOS5 the screen controls ceased working. I contacted Garmin/Digital Cyclone and they said OneLook does not work with iOS5 and I would have to purchase this new version. While this new version does have some nice features, a free upgrade would have been in order. Instead, Garmin/Digital Cyclone renamed the product and charged $3.99 even to existing users who had already purchased it. 5 stars for the product itself. I would have given 1 star for customer satisfaction in regards to having to pay for it again.
Love app but needs jet stream
I love this app and it has saved me many a time when on the boat. I live in the Great Lakes/ Finger Lakes area. If there is a storm coming across the top of the lake I can go to the bottom and vise versa. I upgraded to the severe weather alerts and love that as well.
However it would be nice to be able to see the jet stream and wish they would add that to the upgrade as well then this app would be perfect.
It does have a little lag time but as long as u pay attention to it you can pretty much predict how much time you have before storm hits.
I highly recommend this to any boater and many of us at the marina have this app. We thank the makers o this app but please add the jet stream.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 08, 2011
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Digital Cyclone
- © 2011 Digital Cyclone, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Subscription to My-Cast Severe Weather Upgrade$9.99
- 3 Month Subscription to My-Cast Severe Weather Upgrade$2.99