My Cloud Home app
Store it all in one place. Access and share it from anywhere.
The My Cloud Home app keeps you connected to all the photos, videos and files centralized on your My Cloud Home device from wherever you are. Automatically back up all the photos and videos from your phone so that you can make room for more. Smoothly stream videos on the go. Quickly find and share your favorite memories with friends and family. With the My Cloud Home app, all your content is under your control wherever, whenever you have an internet connection.
Access your content on-the-go from anywhere in the world
Automatically save the photos and videos from your phone
Quickly search through your content by name or location.
Play almost any video anywhere
Share your memories effortlessly with your friends and family
Note: The My Cloud Home app requires a My Cloud Home or My Cloud Home Duo product to work (sold separately).
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Poor iOS integration
I bought the WD MyCloud Duo with the hopes of having my own big cloud server, accessible from all my devices, just like Dropbox or OneDrive or iCloud, but with more space and no subscription fees. It connects well enough to our PCs, but file handling is cumbersome from an iPad or iPhone. I want to be able to edit MS Word documents on my iPad and my PC and even my iPhone without having to make a copy of the document and then transfer it back to my MyCloud Home server. With OneDrive, it’s all the same file, I close it on one device, and I open it on another device, and I’m not creating duplicate versions that can become confused later. I want to transfer sheet music PDFs to the ForScore app directly, but the only way to do that is to send them from MyCloud to another cloud service like dropbox, and open them from there. I’d like to share files with a work group that uses many different devices, like we do currently with Dropbox and Slack, but it’s too inefficient if we can’t just click on an audio or video or DOC file and open it.
Terrible IOS App
I specially went from the old MyCloud to the new MyCloud Home. Setting it up was super easy and i like how it syncs with all my computers whether on the same network or not. The biggest issue I’ve run into is the application for my iPhone. I have to keep opening files with a different app (music, documents, etc) and the old one had that all integrated in its app. It is 2018 and as a company I would truly want me customer to have the best experience accessing their files. Keep everything inside one app, especially the popular files like music, videos, pdf, word documents etc. if you were able to do it in the old one, why didn’t y’all do it for the new one? User experience is terrible and I am a music producer that LOVED the older version so much better. I even used it more than my Dropbox account. If you guys can get the app to as close or better than the old my cloud app, I’d raise my rating to 5 stars. Seriously was a disappointment and I feel this app was created on a whim. Still have hw product, but may be returning it and enjoying my old MyCloud in the meantime
Still missing key features
This is a review of the app, not the my cloud home. The my cloud home itself is a fantastic product and works better than I imagined. The app, however, is stable, but seriously lacking features.
1. This app needs to take advantage of the amazing new iOS 11 iPad features such as drag and drop/integration with the files app. It would be amazing to be able to drag and drop files directly to/from my cloud home.
2. Why can’t we download video files back to our mobile devices? Once they’re uploaded, they’re stuck on my cloud home.
3. The photos view is a beautiful way to browse the pictures on my my cloud home, but we should be able to exclude folders from this view and pick which folders show here. For example, I have a couple folders with photography and personal photos. I’d like that to show in the photos viewer, but movies I have stored in my plex folder show as if they’re part of my personal photo library. So I’d like to be able to tell it not to show content from that specific folder in the photos viewer.
For comparison, the Apollo by Promise Technology has the opposite problem, their app has all the amazing features I listed above, but their product itself seems to be pretty unreliable. You guys have an awesome product, but it’s not much without an awesome app to interface with it. I hope you take my suggestions into consideration. I love this product, but I know you guys are capable of a much better app!
- Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
- 94 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Breton, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Northern Sami, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.