My Contacts Backup
By GLOBILE BILISIM BILGISAYAR HIZMETLERI ILETISIM DANISMANLIK SANAYI TICARET LIMITED SIRKETI
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
--- Over 3.000.000 iPhone and iPad users preferred our app to backup their contacts. Thanks you all for great & encouraging reviews. ---
"No signing in, no accounts, no activations, just send your contacts in a universal format to yourself or others through the mail app. This app backs your contacts up, or simply transfers them in a simple, tangible way that just about every device can read. Bravo!"
My Contacts Backup is the easiest way to backup and restore your contacts all from your phone without needing a computer or synchronization. You can backup all your contacts with a single touch and send them to yourself as a .vcf attachment via email.
All contacts can then easily be restored any time by simply opening the .vcf file in your mailbox with iOS Mail app.
* Offline Backup. No need to sync to any server. Just email the backup file to yourself.
* Easy restore. No need to use any app to restore backup file. Just tap on the *.vcf backup file in the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad Mail client and restore your contacts for FREE.
* In App vCard Restore Feature
* Set REMINDER to backup regularly (weekly or monthly)
* Easily transfer contacts between iOS Devices using just email client.
* Backup Contacts as VCF (VCard) or Export Contacts as CSV (Excel) file
* Delete All Contacts in Address Book
* VCF backup is limited to max 500 contacts. You need to download PRO version for unlimited contacts backup.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After sending backup file (*.vcf) to yourself, please check your inbox to see if message arrived and contains attachment (backup file). Sometimes email providers block attachments if attachment size is too large. Try with another mail account if possible, to send your backup file.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
* minor bugfixes
I icloud sync my contacts between my iPhone and iPad. In fact, that's the only thing I use iCloud for, otherwise I use Dropbox for cloud storage (A++++). Apple Store employee suggested mcbackup for contacts backup... Email the file to yourself occasionally.
But what about the contacts that web based Gmail is storing?? I have had contacts wiped out during a idevise restore when that was in the loop. And duplicates, etc. So now, I keep gmail contacts isolated and manually update them occasionally from the contacts mothership (iPad). Here is how I keep things fresh:
1) updated contacts on iPad
2)press the circular arrow on iPad contacts to refresh/sync
3)go to iPhone contacts, press circular arrow to refresh/sync there
4)contacts should be the same on both devices
5) run mcbackup, email to yourself at Gmail.
6)go to web based gmail, delete ALL contacts (frequent,starred, most, other, all of them). You should have none when you are done.
7)the emailed mcbackup file (vCard vcf file) in gmail will have a plus sign/icon on it (add to contacts). Press ONCE. It looks like nothing happens, but "poof" they are all correctly in gmail.
If you press more than once you will get duplicates ( done that). Simply delete all as above and try again, this time only pressing once.
This is simple and bomb-proof iPhone app that runs great on the iPad too. Use on either/or/both devises with confidence!!!
I got this app after I lost my contacts about two years ago. Never thought I would really have to use it. Just two days ago all my contacts deleted again. I was skeptical but was hoping this app would work. It restored all my contacts as simple as anything you could ever do on your phone. All I had to do was copy my contacts and email them to myself which I do about once a month. Once I lost my contacts I clicked on the email hit, tapped the contact link one time and all my contacts restored my phone. All I can say is amazing, amazing, amazing,! I recommend this app to anyone that has an iPhone for backing up their contacts.
Saves your hiney
I got this app when switching over to a new phone as it sounded easier than my cell providers process... and sure enough it is! Then recently I 'got' to use it again as all my contacts just randomly disappeared off my phone... but my backup saved me! (I'm anti iCloud, btw).
My only issue with it is it does not save ringtone settings that are in contacts (but it does save photos...) Perhaps that option is available in the paid version and if so, is worth it. Even at that, this app is still 5 star worthy for all the time it saves!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 20, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: GLOBILE BILISIM BILGISAYAR HIZMETLERI ILETISIM DANISMANLIK SANAYI TICARET LIMITED SIRKETI
- © OBSS Mobile 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- In App vCard Restore$0.99