A Cow a Day, and a Reference Guide into the World of Cattle.
My Daily Cow is the result of eleven years of research. It's self-contained and doesn’t use your data plan or require WiFi.
• TODAY - every day, you’ll see a random cow from a database of 761 bovines.
• HISTORY - keeps track of your daily cows, starting with your first cow.
• COW PARTS - lets you explore cow anatomy: from horns to hooves, from udder to stomach.
• REFERENCE - cattle are organized alphabetically, by groups, by uses, and by countries/areas of origin. Plus, there's a glossary filled with detailed bovine information and a list of your favorite cows.
And it moos!
• Four more cows!
• Updated the Glossary and improved info for various bovines.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun and Informative!
I first got to know "My Daily Cow" through Kranky Kids and the connecting My Daily Cow website. The app allows me to access the cow database from my phone, so instead of bird watching, I can cattle watch!
All kidding aside, this is a fun and informative app. There are hundreds of cows listed, along with the region they are from, distinctive characteristics, and related breeds. There is a glossary for bovine-related words, as well as a visual dictionary of cow parts, should you ever need to know where a cow's cannon bone is (front foreleg!). It's an incredible resource, and I imagine it would be extremely valuable to anyone with an interest in farming/agriculture, or any sort of cow enthusiast. I am neither of those, and still find the app really engaging to use. Since I downloaded "My Daily Cow," I've been pulling up cow info whenever I have a few minutes to kill--it's surprisingly addictive!
The app's features, like allowing you to "favorite" a cow, and that it keeps a personal history of each daily cow you've seen, make it easy to find the cow's you've learned about or want to find again. (So far, my favorite cow that I've found is the White Sanga.) My very favorite feature is that the app MOOOOOOOs when you open it! (Which, of course you can switch off if mooing is not your thing.)
I am very pleased with version 1.0, and will look forward to other apps from Kranky Kids and updates to "My Daily Cow."
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.