MyEyes is a mobile app created to help the blind see the world around them using computer vision and voice commands.
- Not feature-overloaded, designed simply to describe the world
- Handles optical not cognitive functions
- Avoids life-threatening scenarios, where users should depend on people, not technology
For now, MyEyes offers basic, functioning skills:
1. Offer a human-understandable description (What am I looking at?)
- “A man sitting behind a laptop”
- “Textbooks sitting on a table”
2. Find price tag (How much does this cost?)
- “5 dollars and 69 cents”
- “I see 1 dollar 99 cents, 3 dollars 69 cents, and 2 dollars 39 cents” (multiple price tags)
3. Find an object (Where is the chair?)
- “The chair is to your left”
4. Describe by location (What is to my right?)
- “A chair and pile of textbooks”
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.