My Family Meal Planner Light
By My Family Meal Planner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Family Meal Planner Light plans your meals for an entire year.
My Family Meal Planner Light
In the My Family Meal Planner Light app you will find:
• 4 meals planned per week for 52 weeks, all the recipes you need, and all the weekly grocery lists.
• An interactive grocery list that you can cross off items and add your own items.
• All meals are under 500 calories.
• Every recipe and meal includes nutritional analysis.
• You will have one crock pot meal every week. There is a picture of a crock pot next to the menu/recipes that are crock pot meals.
• All recipes or menu items that have a heart by them meet the American Heart Association requirements for a heart healthy recipe/meal.
• All recipes or menu items that have a star by them are diabetic friendly. They have less than 60 grams of carbohydrates per serving or less than 4 Carb Choices. 1 Carb Choice = 15 grams of Carbohydrates. Recommended amount for most diabetics is 3 to 4 carb choices per meal. (If you are a diabetic, make sure you follow your individual plan made for you by your doctor or dietitian.) **If carbohydrates are close to 60 grams, omit the fruit in order to have your glass of milk with your meal and to stay within your 3 to 4 carb choices per meal.
• If you are using a weight loss system that uses points, you will see at the bottom of the nutritional analysis your points already figured! This meal planner is not intended to be a weight loss plan. (This meal planner is in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers International and it has not been reviewed by Weight Watchers for accuracy and suitability for Weight Watcher members.)
• When I wrote this meal planner in 2008 I was a childcare provider. I was required to follow the USDA requirements when feeding the children in my care. I felt it was important to include these requirements in this meal planner. You and your family will receive 1 meat, 1 bread, either 2 fruits or 2 vegetables or a fruit and a vegetable at every meal. You will receive Vitamin C daily and Vitamin A at least twice a week. They also suggest that you drink a glass of milk with your meal.
You will save money in the end because you are going to the store with a list. You won’t be buying unnecessary items. Many of my customers have reported saving $75-$100 a month. Plus they are saving time because they don’t have to figure out their menu. I have already done it for you!
A few things to remember before heading to the store:
• Items on the menu that include a recipe you will need to refer to that recipe for the serving size. All other sides are ½ cup servings except side salads are 1 cup servings.
• If you would like to have margarine on your bread and/or salad dressing on your salad, you will need to add that to your grocery list and be sure to add the calories to your meal. Use these two items sparingly. They are usually full of calories and fat.
• I used canned fruits for the nutritional analysis so that it would be convenient for you, but you can purchase fresh fruit instead.
• For the nutritional analysis I used ground beef 90% lean meat/10% fat. For milk I used 1%. I also used instant mashed potatoes for figuring purposes.
For many of the items you can find lower calorie options. Feel free to purchase those items. The nutritional analysis figures for this meal planner were figured based on the USDA ingredient database. Nutritional values will vary from brand to brand.
I hope you enjoy your My Family Meal Planner Light Mobile App!
What's New in Version 1.4
- small interface changes
Never write reviews
I absolutely LOVE this app!! Makes it so much easier being a busy mom of four kids always in a sport. If you are not looking for a planned menus I wouldn't download this app as it states in the details of this.... I would HIGHLY recommend this app to anyone who is busy and looking for help with meal ideas or a meal planner.
I absolutely love, love, love this app! I'm on month 2 & I haven't came across a meal that me or my family hasn't liked!! The only thing is I wished there was an app for breakfast & lunch too! I love knowing what I'm going to make, so easy in today's busy life! Thank you for making my life a little bit easier!!
Will come back for 5 star
I like the concept of this app- you did a great job! I like how all the meals are planned out in a nice interface. The only thing I beg to change is the possibility to swap out a meal. So example I don't like tuna casserole- so if I could replace that with a different meal in the database. If I can do that- I'll come back for a 5 star and post it all over social media:-)
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Feb 11, 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lindsay Siebert
- Copyright©2008 Lindsay Siebert - All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.