My Fight Against Cystic Fibrosis
By Brian King
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A Cystic Fibrosis app 100% designed, developed, and programmed by a CFer.
The mission of this app is to provide the CF community with a useful tool and resource to help fight Cystic Fibrosis. In hopes that this app will be very beneficial to all and bring a sense of communication and understanding among all CF patients, their families, and their doctors.
The app has many features that include:
* General education of the disease, treatments, and population statistics
* Latest Cystic Fibrosis news streamed from three different cf-related news sites.
* U.S and Canada "CF foundation accredited" clinics listed categorized by state. Including phone numbers, street addresses, directors, and images.
* Recent list of treatment options available for various administration methods, including pictures and descriptions.
* Common treatment providers listed with contact and product information.
* Medication tracking log to store your daily medications and present to your doctor next time you are in clinic.
* Medication and appointment reminders that are simple to use and keep you on track with your medication and doctors appointments.
* The ability to log your health history such as surgeries, allergies, hospitalizations, antibiotic resistance, glucose readings, and X-rays, all on the go.
*Add custom notes to your health history.
* You can log and track your PFTs over time. Your PFT history will be displayed in a graph as well as a timeline, and will share your progress statistics after each PFT completed.
* A specialized question and answer section with fact based answers to frequently asked questions among the CF community along with the added value of cf patient's experience regarding numerous questions.
This app is a complete user friendly experience that is meant to support a great community of people. It has been created to serve the CF community in the best way possible and is constantly being improved and perfected!
**Supports iOS7 and iOS8**
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- User interface improvements
- Glucose tracking
- Common treatment providers list and contact info
- Pulmonary function range increased.
- User picture integration.
Really cool idea
I really liked this app at first but I started to realize that there were a few things that this app couldn't do that were a little disappointing. If you had a medication or appointment scheduled and you wanted to edit it, you had to start over instead of double clicking or something. Also you can't take notes on it either. If anyone is looking for a medication timer/ alarm ROUND works very well for me. I am going to keep this app though, mainly because it has pft trackers and an explanation of cf, but also because I paid for it. Haha
Wonderful app, caring developer
This app as some really wonderful, helpful, and informative features. It's really easy to use, as well.
There are just a few feature that I wish were different, but I sent my ideas to the developer. He responded the next day and was really excited to hear from me. That's what I love to see; a developer who actually cares about the people that use his app. Once the features get updated, I have no doubt that this will be a 5-star app!
Very Helpful App For People With Cystic Fibrosis!
This is a great app for people with Cystic Fibrosis! I have found it to very helpful. The app always me to keep up with my medications electronically and I now have a list of my medications available to me at all times on my phone. The app also allows to put in my PFT's chest X-rays, chest ct scans, medications I'm allergic to, and a lot of other medical information. I would definitely recommend this app to others with Cystic Fibrosis and to parents who have children with Cystic Fibrosis!