My Hurricane Tracker Pro gives you the most comprehensive tools for tracking tornados, cyclones, tropical storms and weather warnings available. In a beautiful interface, you won't be overwhelmed with cluttered screens like you might with other apps. We give you exactly what you need in an easy to understand way.
- Interactive tracking maps for each hurricane.
- NOAA forecast map & storm satellite imagery where available!
- Historic search of previous storms from 1851 (or 1949 for Pacific).
- Receive weather warnings from the National Weather Service.
- Push notifications for weather warnings or new storm formations!
- Radar, satellite and sea temperature images automatically updated in the app!
- See an outlook for the next 5 days from the NOAA.
- Track specific hurricanes and receive notifications every time they are updated just by pressing the "+" button!
- Apple Watch support!
This version is the ad-free version of My Hurricane Tracker, with Apple Watch support. It is similar to apps such as Hurricane Tracker, Hurricane Pro and Storm by Weather Underground.
- Radar imagery for Puerto Rico added.
Ratings and Reviews
Bought this app because Hurricane Pro retired. The reviews for this app were the better of many; however, its not as good as the retired. For example, select satellite for the current storm and its not the satellite data for the storm in question. That feature needs to be fixed. When you drill down into the options and select satellite to choose your option and the correct images appear. It’s just that home screen connected to the current location of the storm that is not accurate.
Hi, my apologies for this. This is not normally an issue - the NOAA has been generating incorrect satellite imagery for Alberto, which was then shown in the app. I am in discussion with them about this and will put in safeguards to ensure that false satellite imagery is not shown in the app even when the NOAA makes a mistake.
Simple and clean. Too simple?
I still don’t understand how to refresh the list and be sure it has the newest up to date info. I kept seeing 14:00 forecast and current location of typhoon at 12:00. Would appreciate if app refreshed more often or at least gave me option to manually refresh with new data.
Could be better
The maps cannot be zoomed, but I see that the developer has addressed that in response to other posts and is supposed to be included in a future update. The radar map doesn’t cover enough area. For instance, you cannot see the southern Gulf of Mexico / Yucatán peninsula or south and east of Cuba where hurricane paths often go. The app is user friendly and looks promising if these issues are resolved.
- Jake Ruston
- 19.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2017 jRustonApps.com.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.