My IP is a utility app to see with which public IP address you are connected to the net (different from your IP address inside your LAN).
Public IP is the IP address you use to connect to the global net, the address the rest of the world see you at.
The public IP address sometime can be static (always the same), sometime dynamic (changed by the internet provider over time at any connection).
You can also change your public IP via use of a VPN
Obtaining the IP value of your connection could be not easy, particularly if you are behind a modem router.
In the case you are using a modem router, using normal system utilities, your IP address will be indicated as equal to your LAN (Local Area Network) IP address, with is really just your address inside your local network, totally different form your true external public IP address on internet.
Your internal IP address has no value outside your local area network.
My IP works instead indicating always your true internet IP address, the one the world can see you at, detecting the IP address your modem router uses to connect with the rest of the world, with is the address the rest of the world identify you and can use to connect to you.
Know your true public IP address is mandatory in many situation where you have to specify, specially for external use, at which address you are and can be reached by servers or desktops outside of your LAN.
My IP offers a simple and intuitive interface, a fast use and the option to work with 4 different servers to show your public IP address.
It can optionaly display the IP in the menu bar also when in background and log the IP changes on disk.
It can copy the current public IP in the clipboard (from the status menu) also when working with other applications.
It can check for IP change at regular intervals (you set the interval length)
My IP is particular useful in many situation, as example using a VPN. My IP can flash its icon in the status menu (always visible also when My IP is in background) reporting a change of IP if your VPN went down and you are connected back using your provider original IP.
- Fast and easy to use
- Useful to know your public IP address behind a modem router with a shared IP
- Able to show your public IP where usually system utility fails showing just your LAN IP
- Instant result available at launch
- Can use 4 different servers to calculate your public IP
– Can check for IP change at regular intervals from 5 seconds to 1 hour
- Can log the IP and its changes on a log on disk
- Can optionally alert you flashing the status icon in the menu bar when the IP changes (works also when in background)
- Can copy the Ip in the clipboard while working with other apps
- Includes embedded PDF User Guide
- Has also a similar native version for the iPhone , 'My Public IP' available on iTunes
- Optimized for macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Works also in Dark Mode
• Bug fixes
• Optimized for macOS 10.14 Mojave
• Optimized to be used also in Dark Mode
Ratings and Reviews
excellent customer service
The older version I installed crashed everytime I opened it, I emailed the company and they fixed it and released an update right away, problem solved. The app is simple, does exactly what it is supposed to, display your external IP address in the menubar. It offers the ability to keep a log of the IP address too.
Developer Response ,
We work to continuously improve our software. Thank you very much for your appreciations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.