My Job Chart
By My Job Chart, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The online tool that helps parents teach their kids about work ethic, responsibility, accountability and money management.
What's New in Version 3.0.24
- Fixed an issue that prevent iPad users from scrolling pages when switching orientation
- Other minor bugfixes and stability improvements
Clean rooms, clean house, happy mom
I LOVE THIS APP!
First, let me say I only gave 4stars because it froze while trying to log in about 2-3 times for a few minutes. Other than that I have had no problems.
No more messy rooms, no more cleaning up 2 messes only to find 5 more. The chores are done even before I wake up and they even make me coffee! We are amazed at how excited they are, we have tried several chore charts, but none have worked like this one.
They bug me to add more chores lol We love the custom chore area, and how each point = $.01 We have the option to match their savings at different levels, we chose 25%. The kids can choose to spend their earnings, get cash, save their money, donate to charity, or even share with each other, or any combination of the above. We have video games now as a reward instead of something they just expect, they pay 50 points for 2 hours.
It took a couple of days for the kids to really jump in with both feet, but they love it now. They even want to volunteer at one of the local homeless shelters for extra points.
Great app but needs improvements for usability
I love this app! My kids seem very motivated to do their jobs and I especially enjoy that they appreciate non-monetary rewards. A couple of enhancements would make this app even better:
1) Ability to see previous days' summary
2) Ability to edit an assigned Job (number of points, frequency). I tried doing that but it never saves my changes. I have to delete the job, create a new one and re-assign.
3) Ability to edit an assigned Reward (number of points). I tried doing that but it never saves my changes. I have to delete the reward, create a new one and re-assign.
Kids Are Transformed!
We have been using My Job Chart for a few weeks now and there has already been a huge transformation in my kids. I no longer need to remind them to do anything and I love the notes I get from time to time from them through the system. Wish I had found this years ago!