By Josh Pressnell
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Library keeps all the information about your personal media collection at your fingertips. Separate tabs are available to display your books, movies, and compact discs, all ordered conveniently by title. You can search for items in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the item to or borrowed it from. A new item can be entered automatically (enter ISBN, EAN, or UPC and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. If you load the data from the internet, the item's cover image is loaded as well.
- Supports large databases. Tested with a database of over 8,000 records!
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use Zbar or Red Laser scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app! (Configurable, Live scanning in iOS4+ only, still image capture on pre-iOS 4 devices)
- Barcode scanning for iPad! Requires Cue Cat USB scanner and the iPad USB Camera Kit. Search 'iPad Cue Cat' for details!
- Backup/Restore and view/sort your entire collection from your desktop with the integrated web server.
- Read free eBooks with MegaReader and QuickReader.
- Save information on your entire media collection in one convenient library
- See your book, movie, and CD covers on your iPod/iPhone
- Track loans
- Rate your collection
- Find places to buy books and the price at each vendor
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Backup and restore your library to our online backup server
- View your backed up library at ipod.pressnells.net
- Email your database backup files to a destination of your choice.
- Import data via CSV file or saved backup.
- Load data by entering ISBN/EAN/UPC or by doing a title/author/artist search.
**** I am an avid book, movie, and music collector, as well as a professional computer engineer with a day job. I develop and support my apps because I love the iPhone and iPad platform and I want my apps to be all that they can be. Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! ****
What's New in Version 2.13.3
* Fixed image loading for all media types.
3 stars for its usefulness. However, it often importa the wrong author or title. (I only use it for books) I'm trying to import all my collection 500+ books and after about 25 barcode scans it gets wonky. The imported data won't show up on the save screen. I can still save it and it'll be in the index, but I can't check if the info is correct and sometimes It won't upload all of them anyway. Even if I close the app and restart or restart my phone it doesn't fix. Just have to wait for it to fix itself.
Just what I needed!
I used to try and keep track of the books that I'd read, wanted to read, or was reading thru a combination of notes, spread sheets, and word docs; no more. This app does it all very nicely, without complications or hassle. I wouldn't give it up now for anything.
Waste of time and money. Go to scan with your iPhone the light comes on and you can't turn it off. Scan a movie, then you can't save it cause there is no author. Totally frustrating and a waste!!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 14, 2014
- Version: 2.13.3
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Josh Pressnell
- © 2010 Verietas Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.