By Varietas Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Library keeps all the information about your personal media collection at your fingertips. Separate tabs are available to display your books, movies, and compact discs, all ordered conveniently by title. You can search for items in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the item to or borrowed it from. A new item can be entered automatically (enter ISBN, EAN, or UPC and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. If you load the data from the internet, the item's cover image is loaded as well.
- Supports large databases. Tested with a database of over 8,000 records!
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use iOS or Zbar scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app!
- Barcode scanning for older iPads! Requires Cue Cat USB scanner and the iPad USB Camera Kit. Search 'iPad Cue Cat' for details!
- Backup/Restore and view/sort your entire collection from your desktop with the integrated web server.
- Read free eBooks with MegaReader and QuickReader.
- Save information on your entire media collection in one convenient library
- See your book, movie, and CD covers on your iPod/iPhone
- Track loans
- Rate your collection
- Find places to buy books and the price at each vendor
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Backup and restore your library to DropBox
- Email your database backup files to a destination of your choice.
- Import data via CSV file or saved backup.
- Load data by entering ISBN/EAN/UPC or by doing a title/author/artist search.
**** I am an avid book, movie, and music collector, as well as a professional computer engineer with a day job. I develop and support my apps because I love the iPhone and iPad platform and I want my apps to be all that they can be. Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! ****
What's New in Version 2.14.5
Minor data source updates
I loved this app initially, but through the course of IOS updates this app ( or mine at least ) has changed the complexion of this product. One example is that when a search is performed for some reason or another it does not identify any books that are being searched. I tried a couple of common titles with authors that should be easily found, but to no avail. While loading a book a pop-up window continually states that I have other books attempting to load, when in fact there's nothing being processed at that moment. It's just all gone wrong and it's a pity because I enjoyed this app very much in the past. I have delved into possible solution on the vendors website but unfortunately I have yet to find a solution. So now I'm currently looking for another app to fill my needs and if anyone has suggestions on others I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks.
Used to be the best, but now it’s terrible.
This WAS the best library app, but the dev seems to have abandoned it. I had over 1,000 movies entered in it, but then the Search function died. When the trouble started, the app couldn’t handle searching the list of all the movies at once, so I had to switch the view to search within individual letters of the alphabet; i.e., searching only in the “S” movies or only in the “B” movies. Then the search bar became transparent and I couldn’t enter anything there. Then manual movie entry became practically impossible. No response from the dev regarding the problems, and update after update only made things worse. Uninstalling and reinstalling does NOT help. Look elsewhere!
Recent versions have stopped working
I really liked this app and have used it for a long time. It hasn't worked right since ios9 - the various library lists are mostly showing blank now though sometimes the entries show if you start scrolling (sometimes not.) New entries look like they're saving but really they crash the app - when the app is restarted the new entry is not actually there. I hope the issues can be fixed since I loved the app before.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 09, 2015
- Version: 2.14.5
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Varietas Software, LLC
- © 2015 Verietas Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.