My Lightning Tracker is the best app for monitoring lightning strikes all around the world in close to real-time. With a sleek modern design, you can watch thunderstorms as they occur. You can also receive push notifications whenever strikes are detected in your area.
- Displays lightning strikes all around the world!
- See a history of hotspots where lightning strikes occur most often!
- View more detailed information about where the thunderstorm is occurring on a map.
- Receive lightning alerts when a storm is nearby so that you can monitor it live.
- Share a strike with your friends so that they can see where the thunder & lightning is happening too!
- Full support for the latest iPhone and iPad, including iPhone X.
If you want the most efficient way of keeping up lightning strikes and thunderstorms, then My Lightning Tracker is the right app for you. This version is similar to apps such as Blitzortung, Lightning Cast, Spark and Live Lightning.
Small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to read warnings even without GPS
This app provides warnings about lightning nearby. I didn’t want to kill my battery and have my location and use all the time so I disabled the location monitoring for this app except for when the app was in use. Even without having the app open, I still get a notification of lightning nearby. If I want my information I can get into the app and see what is specific but even without having app open the information is good.
This app is going to get someone killed. There is no such thing as any sort of free real time lightning detection. As this app builder may want to research there are some big legalities behind providing lightning data to the public. I use a commercial weather company which does provide real time lightning data provided by the NLDN. In the example I just ran it shows 1 strike about 12 miles from my location. Where my commercial app shows 179 within my 8 mile “do not be outside” range. I let this app run for 15 minutes as it again states and nothing changed. If you need this for more then personal use do some research on real weather companies.
I found this app in a search and thought it would benefit my service as a flight instructor...maybe. I have not been able to make it locate my position. As such, it defaults to Europe when opening. Seems to be accurate and updated in the pictorial display.
Update: With a little review, I found the error is mine. This app now works great!
Developer Response ,
Hi, you can change the region the app uses by opening the app, tapping the gear icon in the top bar and then going into "More". You'll see an option called "Show" which you can change to any region you want (including the whole world).
- Jake Ruston
- 80.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2017 jRustonApps.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.