My Macros+ Diet, Weight and Calorie Tracker
By Jason Loewy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Macros+ is the only diet tracking app made by a fitness professional! We are proud to bring you the complete diet tracking solution. As featured on DailyBurn and IIFYM.com
My Macros+ has been formulated after years of frustration and wasted money spent on trying to find a decent diet tracking app to use in our daily lives.
With My Macros+ you will be provided with a magnitude of detailed features, all while keeping ease of use in mind. Add one of our over 4,000,000 food items to your day in as little as 3 taps, and once you do you can view your nutritional breakdown by food item, meals and daily totals.
*** What Separates My Macros+ ***
• Fully operational offline!
• Set your nutrition goals by gram
• Available and optimized for all iOS platforms, syncing your account data automatically
• Barcode scanner to quickly track your food
• Macronutrient totals given not only for the day, but for each individual meal as well
• Add food to infinitely many meals. No more being restricted to Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack
• Input custom food in any quantity you want. My Macros+ converts it down to 1 so you can reuse that food in your daily meals at any measurement you desire.
• Have as many nutrition goals as you want to accommodate things like carb cycle, workout vs off day nutrition, etc
• Easily keep track of your Actual vs Daily goals toolbar on the bottom of your daily food log
*** 3D Touch ***
New on the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus you can use Apples 3D Touch to preview nutritional information for any food listing inside of the app. Simply press hard on the food item to bring up a nutritional preview of that food. Continue your press deep into your screen to enter the food information screen you are accustom too.
*** HealthKit Integration ***
New on iOS 8 you can utilize HealthKit. Inside HealthKit you can see all of the nutrition data that My Macros+ tracks alongside the rest of your health data from other apps. HealthKit is a great way to keep tabs on your overall health and well being
*** Apple Watch Integration ***
My Macros+ on the Apple Watch is now available and fully optimized for Watch OS 2.
View your remaining macros, daily nutrition and fast track a food item straight through your Apple Watch.
*** Some Great Features ***
• Over 4,000,000 Food Items to choose from!
• Built in food from some of your favorite and most popular fast food restaurants
• Every one of the 4,000,000+ food items are fully customizable and editable
• Set your nutrition goals by gram
• Beautiful daily nutritional reporting system
• Set your daily goals and track your progress with ease
• Ability to input as many custom foods you want with any serving size/type
• View your friends meals through My Circle
• Intuitive and easy to browse user interface for navigating quickly through food lists
• View your most recent or most frequently eaten food items to allow for quick access to your commonly used foods.
• Mark and save your favorite foods
• Track and monitor your bodyweight
• Save your favorite meals
• 'Remember' already eaten meals with one click
• Nutrition calculator to help get you on the right track with your diet
*** Now offering My Macros+ Pro Subscriptions (Optional) ***
A MM+ Pro Subscription is an optional In-App-Purchase auto-renewable subscription that unlocks great new Pro-Style features. Features Include:
• Diet summary - Get a day-by-day breakdown of your diet, body weight and favorite foods
• Detailed Analysis - Compare any data point side by side to gain deep insight.
• Spreadsheet export - Get all of your data in csv format for even richer analysis
• My Macros+ on the web - Access My Macros+ through any web browser @ getMyMacros.com
MM+ Pro Subscriptions are completely optional and offered at $1.99/month or $19.99/year and renew automatically unless canceled through the Settings app on your device.
What's New in Version 6.2.1
Thank you for using My Macros+! We love the positive feedback we have been getting from our users and we're continuing to improve on an already great foundation.
My Macros+ v6.2 is here with a HUGE update!
Now you can take notes for the day or for individual meals
Meal Times and Timer
See when you ate your last meal and get reminded when it is time to eat again
Fast Track Improvements
Now you can fast track other nutrient types like fiber, sugar and more
Now you can see how a food will affect a specific meal before adding it to your day
iOS 10 Optimizations
Better alternative to MFP
I switched over to this app from MFP when that app started playing video ads and wanted to charge a huge monthly fee to properly track macros. Once I got used to it, I actually prefer this interface. I don't bother searching the database for new foods, once you get used to it, it only takes about 5-10 seconds to enter the macros for a new food item, so that's easier than searching the database or scanning the barcode.
My only criticism of the app is that the graph on the body weight tracking is not linear in the x-axis. So for example if you enter your body weight on three consecutive days, then wait 2 weeks and enter it again, the data will display on the graph as if it was four consecutive days. This is very annoying and I hope they fix this. Otherwise, a great app.
Not near the database of MFP, but better GUI
MM+ has a much better interface than MFP in my opinion. However, where it excels in interface, it greatly lacks in its food database and search engine. Adding food is not too difficult, but is a nuisance when an easy search in MFP would bring it up.
Also, I don't see the point in not having vitamins or minerals, or even just common ones like potassium and vitamin c in the nutrition of foods. At least add that option in for those that do want it.
My biggest pet peeve: you can't search a brand and bring up foods from that brand. I just want to be able to search "Moes" and bring up the foods from Moes. There is the brand option in the side bar, but it has thousands of brands. Even going to "M" means you have to then scroll all the way down to the "Mo"s. Biggest annoyance of this app.
This app is disappointing… I use Fitbit to track cals and have just moved on to tracking Macro’s, I didn’t want to pay for a subscription to MFP so tried this app instead. Overall I found the interface clunky, not intuitive to add items. Also, its heavily focused on fast food outlets and brands… I cook a lot, and fresh food and vegetables tend to be way down the list of items. Also, each item only has one weight variable so often hard to find items that meet my specific foods with appropriate measurements, such as kgs, or lbs, etc., had to use “a cup of this, a piece of that, an oz something else…” no consistency. I didn’t subscribe and therefore did not use the extended database, which might be better, but I doubt it. I ended reverting to Fitbit to track cals and developed a simple spreadsheet to track macros. Waste of $2.99 for me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 03, 2017
- Version: 6.2.1
- Size: 73.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Loewy
- © 2011 Jason Loewy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- My Macros+ Pro Subscription$1.99
- My Macros+ Pro Subscription$19.99