My Macros+ Diet, Weight and Calorie Tracker
By Jason Loewy
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
My Macros+ is the only diet tracking app made by a fitness professional! We are proud to bring you the complete diet tracking solution. As featured on DailyBurn, IIFYM.com and Mens Health
My Macros+ has been formulated after years of frustration and wasted money spent on trying to find a decent diet tracking app to use in our daily lives.
With My Macros+ you will be provided with a magnitude of detailed features, all while keeping ease of use in mind. Add one of our over 4,000,000 food items to your day in as little as 3 taps, and once you do you can view your nutritional breakdown by food item, meals and daily totals.
*** What Separates My Macros+ ***
• Fully operational offline!
• Set your nutrition goals by gram
• Available and optimized for all iOS platforms, syncing your account data automatically
• Barcode scanner to quickly track your food
• Macronutrient totals given not only for the day, but for each individual meal as well
• Add food to infinitely many meals. No more being restricted to Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack
• Input custom food in any quantity you want. My Macros+ converts it down to 1 so you can reuse that food in your daily meals at any measurement you desire.
• Have as many nutrition goals as you want to accommodate things like carb cycle, workout vs off day nutrition, etc
• Easily keep track of your Actual vs Daily goals toolbar on the bottom of your daily food log
*** 3D Touch ***
New on the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus you can use Apples 3D Touch to preview nutritional information for any food listing inside of the app. Simply press hard on the food item to bring up a nutritional preview of that food. Continue your press deep into your screen to enter the food information screen you are accustom too.
*** HealthKit Integration ***
New on iOS 8 you can utilize HealthKit. Inside HealthKit you can see all of the nutrition data that My Macros+ tracks alongside the rest of your health data from other apps. HealthKit is a great way to keep tabs on your overall health and well being
*** Apple Watch Integration ***
My Macros+ on the Apple Watch is now available and fully optimized for Watch OS 2.
View your remaining macros, daily nutrition and fast track a food item straight through your Apple Watch.
*** Some Great Features ***
• Over 4,000,000 Food Items to choose from!
• Built in food from some of your favorite and most popular fast food restaurants
• Every one of the 4,000,000+ food items are fully customizable and editable
• Set your nutrition goals by gram
• Beautiful daily nutritional reporting system
• Set your daily goals and track your progress with ease
• Ability to input as many custom foods you want with any serving size/type
• View your friends meals through My Circle
• Intuitive and easy to browse user interface for navigating quickly through food lists
• View your most recent or most frequently eaten food items to allow for quick access to your commonly used foods.
• Mark and save your favorite foods
• Track and monitor your bodyweight
• Save your favorite meals
• 'Remember' already eaten meals with one click
• Nutrition calculator to help get you on the right track with your diet
• Water Tracking
** Now offering My Macros+ Pro Subscriptions (Optional) **
A MM+ Pro Subscription is an optional In-App-Purchase auto-renewable subscription that unlocks great new Pro-Style features. Features Include:
• Diet summary - Get a day-by-day breakdown of your diet, body weight and favorite foods
• Detailed Analysis - Compare any data point side by side to gain deep insight.
• Spreadsheet export - Get all of your data in csv format for even richer analysis
• My Macros+ on the web - Access My Macros+ through any web browser @ getMyMacros.com
MM+ Pro Subscriptions are completely optional and offered at $1.99/month or $19.99/year and renew automatically unless canceled through the Settings app on your device.
What's New in Version 7.0.1
Thank you for using My Macros+! We love the positive feedback we have been getting from our users and we're continuing to improve on an already great foundation.
My Macros+ v7.0 is here with a HUGE update!
Smart Search Assist
• Cut tracking time in half with this new feature. After tracking food through “Search” your commonly paired foods will appear filled in the search list upon your return.
• Now you can track your daily water intake alongside your diet and body weight
• Now available in the app. Go to the “App Settings” page and turn on Net Carbs if you want them to be displayed app wide
More Detail For Each Food
• Now each food page has a graph for its Protein : Carb : Fat ratio
Improved Macro Goals
• Have a target calorie goal? You can now create a custom macro goal just by inputting your target calories and macro ratios
Bug Fixes and UI Improvements
• Notes now included when you email a day
• Fast Track on the Apple Watch App
• Weight data % when switching between tracking in kg and lbs
A lot of potential
I tried this app after trying MyPlate. I like that there is a lot of customization. I also love that I can enter any amount of servings and not be restricted to quarter amounts only. I love the recipe feature that allows me to create any recipe and reused it.
There is a lot to love about this app, then why the 2 stars? Simple, time. It takes too long to enter in what I eat. Other apps can scan practically any product and report accurate macronutrients (I've seen discrepancies on this app that don't coincide with what I scanned). Navigation is also confusing and I find myself tapping having to tap quite a bit before getting anywhere. The app is also buggy. Sometimes scanned food appears and other times it doesn't. Searching is all but useful, I can't find generic items like Bananas and watermelon. I end up googling nutritional information for these items and creating custom items in the app. All these things add up to too much time. I'll use MyPlate, it doesn't offer as much customizations, but it is quick to enter my information.
Use it everyday!
I've been using this app for over a year and with each update it gets improved. I love the barcode scanner though sometimes it doesn't recognize the barcode (hello just enter in macros from the nutrition label and it's saved!) the only critical feedback I have for the app is I wish it would calculate changes in nutritional value if you change something from grams/cup/oz/etc to another variable. It would just save time. And for carb cyclers if you could be able to enter different macro goals for the day and it would automatically change your goals for you. Sometimes I forget when my carb load day is (carb depleted brain anyone?) but if I was able to set a schedule for my macro goals it would make my life simple. However that is a stretch for any critical feedback, this app is awesome.
Simple Effective All You Need
I love this app because it is simple to do what I want: track macros. It offers more features, but I don't need or use them. I began tracking with this a few years ago, so my list of foods is built. Like any food journaling app, there is plenty of prep work but once you have your basics, it's a breeze.
I use the custom food and recipe features most. I eat little packaged food because I do a Keto diet. I used it at first just to see how I was eating, not for goal setting. But this app has helped me get back to basics when I strayed now that I have my own benchmark for what balance of macros works for me.
The developer was also responsive when I sent email questions. I highly recommend this.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 17, 2017
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 75.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Loewy
- © 2011 Jason Loewy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- My Macros+ Pro Subscription$1.99
- My Macros+ Pro Subscription$19.99