My Maps Editor
By NextBusinessSystem Co., Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application allows you to create a map just like drawing. You can create different kinds of maps, from a simple meeting spot map to the route of a world trip. If you have Google Account, you can edit Google My Maps and Google Fusion Tables with this app.
You can mark or draw a line on the map by tapping the button on the bottom right of the mapping screen.
1. Mark all the spots you like on the map such as your favorite restaurants, friend's house or an amusement park that you are planning to visit. You can mark the map with many different colors and shapes.
2. Draw a line to the target direction on the map. You can also paint the selected area by using the Shape function.
3. Use the search field on the menu to look for stores or buildings nearby you. You can save information of spots you're interested in directly on the map.
4. You can view the maps you created all at once. That way you can view your favorite restaurant while checking the direction of the bar you'd like to visit after the dinner.
■More with Google account
If you already have a Google account, you can use some additional functions. Tap the first button from the right on the menu to login the Google account.
1. You can import maps created on "Google Maps" and "Google Fusion Tables" to this application. You can also mark the maps you imported.
2. Each mark can display a picture. Add the pictures such as your meal or the sightseeing spot. All pictures you take will be sent and saved to "Google Picasa".
■Check maps created by others
You can view the maps published on the internet. Tap "Add online map" button on the menu and type the map URL.
Supported Map URL:
- Google Maps
- KML and KMZ
Here you'll find some useful tips to help you use the functions.
1. Tap the status bar at the top of the screen (where time and battery percentage indicator are displayed) to hide the menu. Tap the bar again to show the menu.
2. When there are too many marks, uncheck the checkbox in "Blue Dot Pint" on the option screen to load the map faster.
3. When you fail to obtain a map and can't launch the application, select "My Maps" on the iPhone settings screen and activate "Don't load maps", then you'll be able to launch the app properly.
More information, please check our tutorials :
Check out the website for the latest news:
For questions or concerns, please contact:
What's New in Version 4.61
Improved compatibility with previous versions.
Awesome For Mapping Skateboard Spots
I primarily use this app when traveling with my friends when skateboarding. I use the placemarking feature and it's ability to link with my Google account to be able to save different skate spots when at different street skateboarding locations. In addition to being able to title, write a description of the spots, and upload pictures of the spots via the built-in photo uploading ability in the description area… and it's all linked to my Google maps so I can browse the spots when at my computer.
When naming skate spots, I personally put the type of spot (ledge, stairs, rails, etc.), then city, followed by a very brief description of the spot (usually the amount of stairs a particular set is, or the name of a business or school the spot is at to differentiate it.)
I've had issues from Google maps switching to a new API and getting a "request quota exceeded" error from the app, but was able to fix it in the Settings for My Maps (from the iOS Settings app) by turning off the Google Fusion Tables option.
Another cool thing is under the Layers option in the app, you can turn on Google Maps so that the satellite maps that show up in the My Maps Editor app can be from Google Maps instead of the default Apple Maps.
Help for those getting "error exceeded quota"
For those getting the "error exceeded" thing. It happened to me too and I have about 600 locations marked on about 40 maps. You can access your maps through google maps using safari, and choose the option to open with this app, then create and save after opening the kml file. Or you can email your maps to yourself and do the same in regards to the kml file.
Hope this helps some of you. I wish they would fix the problem, but at least you can recover or load your created maps on your apple device.
Just what I needed
I am pleasantly surprised with the simplicity and versatility of My Maps. Not only can I can import the Google Maps I made on my computer and view them with greater ease than before, I can also easily edit those maps on the fly. At work, I was asked at the last minute to develop a visitation route for over 1,500 locations in a city of 1,500,000 people. Our team wielded iPads and My Maps and was able to divide and conquer a huge portion of it. Thank you for such a great, free product. I would be willing to pay for a premium version that somehow incorporates street view.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 11, 2012
- Version: 4.61
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: NextBusinessSystem Corporation
- © 2012 NextBusinessSystem Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.