Pill Reminder by Drugs.com
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brought to you by Drugs.com, the Pill Reminder is an incredibly flexible and easy-to-use application. It is not only a pill and refill reminder, but also a comprehensive personal medication record (PMR) app for your iPhone. Use the Pill Reminder app to manage any combination of medications, vitamins, supplements and birth control pills.
With all Drugs.com apps, we have tightly integrated content from the most popular, complete and up-to-date drug information website. Adding your meds will give you quick access to check for drug interactions, dosage and side effects.
* Intuitive interface lets you build a list of medications and setup reminders with ease in just a few seconds using the huge built-in database of drugs.
* Set up any type of recurring pill reminders using our flexible scheduling options.
* Multiple user support. Assign medications for yourself, family members and those you are caring for.
* Pin lock for privacy & security.
* Script reminders to let you know when to get your prescription refills.
* Big selection of sounds. Select extra loud or extra long reminder sounds.
* Add custom notes to your pill reminders e.g. take with food, doctor or prescriber details, pain level etc.
* Add photos of your medications for a quick visual reference.
* Quick access to comprehensive medical information for your drugs including side effects, dosage, interactions, pregnancy safety and more.
* Snooze the reminders when you are in an important meeting or just don’t want to be disturbed.
* Keeps a history of when you have (or have not) taken your meds.
* Uses local notifications which are free and do not require any internet connection.
* App does not need to be running in the background to receive reminders.
* All data is kept on your personal device only and is fully secure and private.
* Export your medication list and/or administration history.
* Choose from multiple alarm sounds including long duration sounds to get your attention.
An invaluable tool for medication management and adherence. You’ll never miss another scheduled time to take your medication. Look forward to taking your meds on time, every time with the Drugs.com Pill Reminder app.
Known issue: this might seem obvious to some, but if you accidentally turn off the volume of your iPhone, you will only receive a vibrate alert. However, reminders will still appear on your home screen. This is a known limitation of the iPhone OS and is beyond our control.
Important: The Pill Reminder app is intended for educational purposes only. You must not rely on this application alone to remember to take your prescriptions or to replace medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Drugs.com does not provide medical or treatment advice. Always consult with a physician.
Follow us on Twitter @drugscom for tips and updates.
Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products. Drugs.com is a multiple Webby Award nominee and attracts more than 24 million U.S. visitors per month (Comscore, December 2014).
If you have any feature requests, suggestions or you simply need help, please visit http://www.drugs.com/apps/support/ and our responsive support team will prioritize your request.
What's New in Version 2.38
- Data update
- FIXED: Reminders list goes to the correct date for today on app start up.
- FIXED: Custom reminder day can be selected without app crashing.
Pill Reminder is definitely a contender for the top, umm, pill reminder solution on the App Store. It's got the basic features I've expected 'til now from an app in this category---keeping a list of medications and reminding you to take them on a schedule---along with features that have become more important to me, like the ability to log medications taken "as needed" and to email your meds list and dosing history to others.
It's not a pretty app, but it should do everything you need. Two problems for me, though, mean I'll be looking for something else:
- The Reminders (today) view doesn't show the time you took your medication, except for those taken as needed---it shows the scheduled time. This makes it difficult to get an overall sense of your day's dosing events.
- If you're taking meds on an "every nn hours" schedule, the app doesn't reschedule your reminders based on the time you actually took your dose. For example, if you're scheduled to take a drug at 7am and every four hours after that, taking the drug at 7:20 doesn't set the next reminder to 11:20am instead of 11am. As a result, you could be taking your medication early.
These issues may not matter to you. And the app is free. Download and decide for yourself.
Great for people who hate taking pills etc... I keep all of my vitamins and meds and anything related in my list. I can email and print it for Dr. visits instead of having to write everything on forms. UGH!! Also, you can create your own categories for the meds which really helps me remember which hard to find brand I've gotten in the past that I really liked (like vegan capsules or sublingual liquid vitamin b complex). I take a picture of each bottle with a pill beside it so I have everything I need anytime to refill, order online, or pick up at the store. If that weren't enough, all safety and consumer info you'd need is just a click away within your entry for your specific med. Fantastic! Highly recommend!
"Pill Reminder" could literally save your life some day!
This app is incredible. I have two genetic illnesses and have to take many different medications at very specific times. If I am having a flare-up and forget to take one of my Meds this app reminds me and my wife exactly what I need to take, the exact dose, and when to take it.
If you have any medical conditions which require daily medications to be taken at specific times you need to add this app to your collection. "Pill Reminder" could literally save your life some day!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 11, 2014
- Version: 2.38
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Drugsite Trust
- © 2015 Drugs.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.