My Moon Phase is the best app for tracking the lunar calendar. It has a sleek dark design which makes it easy to view information such as the current moon cycle, moonrise & moonset times as well as extras such as when the next full moon will be. If you're interested in moon photography, you can also find out when the golden hours and blue hours are so you can take the most beautiful photos.
- View the moon cycle for any date in the future by scrolling on the date bar or by tapping the calendar button!
- Either allow the app to use your current location or manually select a location of your choice to use!
- See how cloudy the sky is expected to be on upcoming days so you can work out whether you'll be able to see the moon or not!
- Find the upcoming moon phases straight on the main screen - you'll instantly know when the next full moon, new moon, first quarter and last quarter are.
- Golden hour and blue hour times are available to allow you to calculate when to take photos.
- More specific information is available such as the moon's distance from Earth, the age of the moon as well as the current altitude. This is available for any date on the lunar calendar.
- Receive notifications when the moon reaches a particular phase of your choice.
- Optimized for the latest iPhone and iPad, including iPhone X.
- Completely free of charge for all functionality, no in-app purchases.
If you want the most efficient way of keeping up with the lunar calendar and the current moon phases, then My Moon Phase is the right app for you. This version is ad-supported and is similar to apps such as Deluxe Moon Pro.
Improvements to date calendar format for non-US regions.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect app ensures perfect memories under the moon
Hiking & horseback riding under a beautiful full moon, has provided me a lifetime of rewards for the stress, career & things life just throws us. Yet, in the past, those glorious nites required diligently monitoring the lunar cycle, the weather, keeping cumbersome, unsightly calendars, coordinating work schedules & just hoping for the best. This app is awesome, with the touch of a finger & a quick glance. It includes not just the cycle, exact times of rise & set, but provides the ability to easily plan for future nocturnal enjoyment. This app will give anyone a new-founded appreciation of our golden & blue hours.
I have been very happy with this app, well over a yr or longer, but there is an area that could actually improve it, to include a small reminder of upcoming meteor showers, (best seem during the new moon) or any predicted unusual events in the night skies.
I lov this app!
Concise, easy, & quick, no aggravations.
Simple easy to use. No frills. Basics. You could use this for gardening/planting using your knowledge of your specific growing area. I would like more contrast on the lettering for the blue & golden hour. Not being sharp makes it seem unimportant and it’s not. Did I miss when the astrological signs start & end? Does the sign info mean it’s based on where the moon is or is it the traditional sun sign? Best thing, while using it no pop up ads & no pop up noisy screaming videos about products that I wouldn’t buy just because I couldn’t stand the ad. Thank you. This app should be included on every Apple phone. Apple should buy it from the developer. Thanks again.
Great Moon app!👍🌝
Great App, best I've found so far! I use it right now mostly for keeping up with the full moon for various reasons and the new moon to determine the proper days for the Sabbath of the Hebrew scriptures; although I am a Christian new testament believer as well. I'm also interest in learning more about the moon and all the ways it is used and history of how it is said to effect many things. I find ask the data here very interested and consider it all even though I do believe the flat earth theory has more evidence in actual scientific experiments than the globe theory. Very interesting study and this app really helps. I also appreciate the photography info as that's one of my hobbies. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.