My Recipe Book - Your recipes, finally organized.
By Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
My Recipe Book is ONE place to store and organize the recipes you find and tear out of magazines, bookmark online, store on faded recipe cards – in a format that can be carried & used directly in the kitchen.
You can now also manage your Grocery List right from your Apple Watch. Quickly see what you need without pulling out your iPhone. Add new items right from your wrist with powerful dictation. The Glance (accessible from your Apple Watch's clock) shows your list without even opening the app.
Our favorite features:
- RECIPESYNC, an iCloud enhanced syncing solution that lets you seamlessly synchronize your recipe catalog and grocery list between all your iOS devices.
- IMPORT recipes directly from selected websites into the app
- SORT recipes by keyword, category, ready time, or dietary restriction
- GROCERY LIST to make sure you have all ingredients - now add your own custom ingredients!
- SERVINGS ADJUSTER: modify your recipe servings easily, and save the modification to use in the grocery list now!
- SURPRISE ME decides what to make for you
- FAVORITES button for quick reference
- QUEUE button to add recipes you want to try
- SHARE recipes with friends via email - and now they can automatically import it into their Recipe Book App!
- NO INTERNET connection needed to view recipes saved in the app
- CONVERSION tools including temperature, weights and measures, and metric to US standard
iPad only Features (for now):
- Multiple KITCHEN TIMERS built in - now they work in the background
- Multiple PHOTOS can be added for each dish
- Input NOTES about each recipe
- CUSTOMIZE your categories & dietary restrictions by clicking on the settings icon, then edit categories
Whether you’re a busy mom looking for a great go-to app to get dinner on the table, a gourmet chef who wants to look for a recipe to use up the rest of your truffles, or you typically only cook for one or two, and need to halve all your recipes, this app is for you.
We love and enjoy your feedback on new features & ways to make this app better.
What's New in Version 3.3.4
Bug fixes, including:
- An issue when new recipes wouldn't be saved correctly
- An issue handling recipes without titles.
Love this App!
Great app, I love it!! I do hope updates will be continue by its support team. One suggestion I would love to see is a way to add additional categories or tag recipes for things like Paleo, Whole30, specific holidays; or even allow us to customize our own categories. I would also like to see them add weekly meal planning features to create meal planning using my recipes that I've saved.
My app works great with no problems noted. It loads recipes from other sites and syncs with my other electronic devices for recipes, grocery lists, etc. I can even share recipes with my friends. It will let me import recipes they share as well. When saving recipes from on line recipe sites, I have to tap "importing" if it seems to be taking an extended time to import. It will tell me it's still "importing" or immediately finish importing without a problem. Great app! Please do continue to update and support this app!
Love this app!
I love this app and recommend it to everyone I know. My husband and I share an account, so that our grocery list can sync between devices. I love being able to input recipes from my phone and have them on my iPad while cooking.
It does have some bugs and not everything works like it's supposed to. If I text to share a recipe, it doesn't share the recipe but the website I got it from. So any notes or tweaks are lost and they can't easily put the recipe in their own MyRecipeBook. Sometimes when going to a website, it doesn't import well. Sometimes the loading bar never finishes, so you can't import, even manually.
In future, I would to be able to make a note from the iPhone app, as well as fixing functions that don't work properly. I still gave this app five stars, because I love it and hope the developer continues to dedicate time to improving and maintaining it. I use it EVERY time I cook!
The app does not work anymore
I am trying to "Easy import" recipe from FoodNetwork "Pesto" by Ina Garten and when I try to input into search box on FoodNetwork website the app keeps reloading the website and typing into the search box is next to impossible. When I finally got the recipe showing the Easy Import does not work. It shows "importing" but nothing happens, I wait for several minutes and it is still "importing". Tried numerous times. Other recipes and websites don't work well either. There are no recent postings from users so I do not advise anyone to buy it because you will just waste your time. I think that whoever made this app is not supporting it anymore. If you try the website there is no way to contact any customer support. I am very disappointed. I've used this app for a few years and have spent a lot of time inputing recipes into it and now I have to get another app and start all over again.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: May 06, 2016
- Version: 3.3.4
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- © 2015 Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.