My Recipe Book - Your recipes, finally organized.
By Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Recipe Book is ONE place to store and organize the recipes you find and tear out of magazines, bookmark online, store on faded recipe cards – in a format that can be carried & used directly in the kitchen.
Our favorite features:
- RECIPESYNC, an iCloud enhanced syncing solution that lets you seamlessly synchronize your recipe catalog and grocery list between all your iOS devices.
- IMPORT recipes directly from selected websites into the app
- SORT recipes by keyword, category, ready time, or dietary restriction
- GROCERY LIST to make sure you have all ingredients - now add your own custom ingredients!
- SERVINGS ADJUSTER: modify your recipe servings easily, and save the modification to use in the grocery list now!
- SURPRISE ME decides what to make for you
- FAVORITES button for quick reference
- QUEUE button to add recipes you want to try
- SHARE recipes with friends via email - and now they can automatically import it into their Recipe Book App!
- NO INTERNET connection needed to view recipes saved in the app
- CONVERSION tools including temperature, weights and measures, and metric to US standard
iPad only Features (for now):
- Multiple KITCHEN TIMERS built in - now they work in the background
- Multiple PHOTOS can be added for each dish
- Input NOTES about each recipe
- CUSTOMIZE your categories & dietary restrictions by clicking on the settings icon, then edit categories
Whether you’re a busy mom looking for a great go-to app to get dinner on the table, a gourmet chef who wants to look for a recipe to use up the rest of your truffles, or you typically only cook for one or two, and need to halve all your recipes, this app is for you.
We love and enjoy your feedback on new features & ways to make this app better.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
I would like to apologize for the slowness of this update. I have been working on a major update for My Recipe Book that I'm very excited to show you. Unfortunately this update has gotten delayed by technical issues. There were a number of bugs in the app that just couldn't wait anymore so I submitted this bug fix update in the meantime. It fixes:
- Issue seeing the email field when setting up Sync
- Recipe text being truncated in certain interface orientations
- Better handling of recipe editing on the iPhone
- Saving of the recipe origin on iPhone.
Work continues on the major update to My Recipe Book. I hope to have this ready sometime this summer. Thank you for your patience.
If you have a minute I would really appreciate it if you could rate or review the app in the App Store. It really helps other people find the app and support its development.
I'm getting it all together
I love to cook and use recipes from all over, so I had tons of printed out recipes from websites and emails, cookbooks, clippings..... It was an adventure to find a recipe I hadn't used in a while. While it's still a work in progress I'm getting all my recipes together in an easy to find place with this APP. The import feature makes it a breeze. I love being able to add my own photo. When I have a recipe that didn't come from a web site I often find a recipe that is similar and tweak it to match my recipe without having to retype the whole thing. Also because I have food sensitivities I can adjust all recipes to fit my needs. Thanks so much!
I am still loving this app, I deleted a couple of others off my device as they were not being used and were just clutter. I recommend this to my friends and often whip out my ipad to show them how great it is. I have also used the notes feature for when I make a variation on a recipe that I want to remember. Thanks so much, AGAIN. :-)
Best recipe app
I have tried several other recipe apps. This app is by far the best app I have found. Intuitive, correct, functional, and enjoyable to use. I have shared recipes via email with friends/family/other users, Input my own, used both the easy import, and custom import options, as well as all the functions of the app, and have zero complaints thus far. I found this app difficult to criticize because of the well-thought-out functionality the app offers.
This app is great for digitizing your family recipes, even includes a cloud-based back up for safe keeping.
The only thing I would like to see is a print feature or export feature that would allow me to print all my recipes into a printed book, for family members (Like iPhoto does with your pictures).
A thumbs up and look forward to the big update the author mentions in the future, but please do not take away from the layout. I love the app as is... Reminds me of a recipe box my mother had..don't screw it up...:-)
Designed the way an app ought to be
I definitely don't run off to write reviews, but this one is so good I had to. I was looking for a place to keep all my recipes, shopping list, and editable features. It's not difficult at all to find a combined recipe in shopping list app and even some editable features, usually on the shopping list, but not always. There's some very nice apps out there, but if you can't edit the ingredients in the process for me it's basically worthless.
On top of all that, and I tend to lean more towards function over form, but I have to save this one has the best form as well. Too often I am disappointed with apps where there's not enough thought to complete the app put into it. And that must be powerful, with full functionality, while simultaneously being user-friendly. Very intuitive, yet powerful.
It's clear that these guys get it. Thank you, my search is over.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: May 23, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 16.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- © 2012 Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.