My Recipe Book - Your recipes, finally organized.
By Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Recipe Book is ONE place to store and organize the recipes you find and tear out of magazines, bookmark online, store on faded recipe cards – in a format that can be carried & used directly in the kitchen.
You can now also manage your Grocery List right from your Apple Watch. Quickly see what you need without pulling out your iPhone. Add new items right from your wrist with powerful dictation. The Glance (accessible from your Apple Watch's clock) shows your list without even opening the app.
Our favorite features:
- RECIPESYNC, an iCloud enhanced syncing solution that lets you seamlessly synchronize your recipe catalog and grocery list between all your iOS devices.
- IMPORT recipes directly from selected websites into the app
- SORT recipes by keyword, category, ready time, or dietary restriction
- GROCERY LIST to make sure you have all ingredients - now add your own custom ingredients!
- SERVINGS ADJUSTER: modify your recipe servings easily, and save the modification to use in the grocery list now!
- SURPRISE ME decides what to make for you
- FAVORITES button for quick reference
- QUEUE button to add recipes you want to try
- SHARE recipes with friends via email - and now they can automatically import it into their Recipe Book App!
- NO INTERNET connection needed to view recipes saved in the app
- CONVERSION tools including temperature, weights and measures, and metric to US standard
iPad only Features (for now):
- Multiple KITCHEN TIMERS built in - now they work in the background
- Multiple PHOTOS can be added for each dish
- Input NOTES about each recipe
- CUSTOMIZE your categories & dietary restrictions by clicking on the settings icon, then edit categories
Whether you’re a busy mom looking for a great go-to app to get dinner on the table, a gourmet chef who wants to look for a recipe to use up the rest of your truffles, or you typically only cook for one or two, and need to halve all your recipes, this app is for you.
We love and enjoy your feedback on new features & ways to make this app better.
What's New in Version 3.3
Introducing Apple Watch support! You can now manage your Grocery List right from your Apple Watch. Perfect for referencing while you are out shopping, no need to balance your iPhone on your cart any more. You can easily check off items right from the Watch app—or Force Touch on the screen to check all items off.
The Glance (accessible from your Apple Watch's clock) shows you your list without even opening the app.
The Grocery List syncs with RecipeSync.
I also snuck in a few bug fixes to the main app.
Best App. Ever!
I've had this app for over two years on my iPad and after trying two of the free ones I'll tell you by far this is the best one you could have for anything relating to recipes, whether you want to save an old family recipe, download one directly from the Internet, or even send the recipe to a friend with a just a click. It's very user-friendly and that's important to me because I want to do recipes and cook, not try to figure out more computer stuff! And here's the best part of my review, in a day and age where alot of people won't help you if there's not financial gain for them, whoever the developer is of this app went above and beyond the call of duty. In trying to help me my husband deleted 700 of my recipes (long story but it was an accident) nevertheless I cried like nobodies business, I first called Apple and they could not help me at all, I then sent an email to this publisher and they got back to me right away saying they could and would help me but that it would be a very big job because of the massive amount of recipes. They didn't know me and they didn't have to do it but they worked on it for two days and restored every single one of my recipes...happy tears I tell you, happy tears! There are still good people in this world who practice honesty and integrity! (And just care) Thank you to the owner, the publisher, anyone who works for this company and especially anyone who had something to do with restoring my recipes.
The app is ok, but has a major flaw
This app is nice for handling recipes that are already online or digitized in some way. However, it's big flaw is that it does not allow users to pull in recipes that are not digital--e.g., hand-written, or clips from newspapers or magazines (although they are not alone, none of the other do either, but I only got this one). I have a ton of these recipes, many more than digital ones. I know pulling in a picture of a recipe would not allow me to use other parts of the app (e.g., generate shopping lists), but I don't care. I just want a way to organize my recipes in a cleaner way than keeping paper in a big pile. And, the app already has a picture feature, the developers just need to make that picture field bigger to accommodate a whole recipe.
If this feature is added, I will definitely re-rate higher.
Cooking from my iPad
I have been using this app for around 3 years. It's easy to use and works as advertised. Simple to import recipes from major online sources. To import recipes you may have hat are handwritten, etc., it does require your to type them up on an iPhone or iPad. Would like to see an app added for Mac for easier typing. I will take a picture of the handwritten recipe and use that as the "food photo." I enjoy the sync feature between iPhone and iPad. Also it's a minor suggestion but consider modernizing the user interface. Just looks a light out dated however it's completely functional.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Apr 19, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 19.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- © 2015 Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.