My Recipe Book - Your recipes, finally organized.
By Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Recipe Book is ONE place to store and organize the recipes you find and tear out of magazines, bookmark online, store on faded recipe cards – in a format that can be carried & used directly in the kitchen.
Our favorite features:
- RECIPESYNC, an iCloud enhanced syncing solution that lets you seamlessly synchronize your recipe catalog and grocery list between all your iOS devices.
- IMPORT recipes directly from selected websites into the app
- SORT recipes by keyword, category, ready time, or dietary restriction
- GROCERY LIST to make sure you have all ingredients - now add your own custom ingredients!
- SERVINGS ADJUSTER: modify your recipe servings easily, and save the modification to use in the grocery list now!
- SURPRISE ME decides what to make for you
- FAVORITES button for quick reference
- QUEUE button to add recipes you want to try
- SHARE recipes with friends via email - and now they can automatically import it into their Recipe Book App!
- NO INTERNET connection needed to view recipes saved in the app
- CONVERSION tools including temperature, weights and measures, and metric to US standard
iPad only Features (for now):
- Multiple KITCHEN TIMERS built in - now they work in the background
- Multiple PHOTOS can be added for each dish
- Input NOTES about each recipe
- CUSTOMIZE your categories & dietary restrictions by clicking on the settings icon, then edit categories
Whether you’re a busy mom looking for a great go-to app to get dinner on the table, a gourmet chef who wants to look for a recipe to use up the rest of your truffles, or you typically only cook for one or two, and need to halve all your recipes, this app is for you.
We love and enjoy your feedback on new features & ways to make this app better.
What's New in Version 3.2.2
This release fixes a variety of little bugs that slipped through in the last update. Including fixes for printing, sharing, importing from myrecipes, as well as a few other minor tweaks.
Thank you for helping make My Recipe Book what it is, if you have a minute to review it in the App Store I'd really appreciate it. It really helps.
So Useful & Easy to Use!
I love this app. No, I ADORE this app! DEFINITELY, my favorite app. They have made importing recipes so easy. Plus, it overrides the timed screen saver so you aren't always having to reopen the screen every time one of the steps takes more than a minute or mess around with resetting it in settings.
I also love how easy it is to custom import recipes from sites that aren't part of their registered sites. Title, ingredients, directions - Import! I also love that I can select a picture of the dish from all the images on the site.
The shopping list is great, but I wish it would automatically group items by category (Produce, meat, dairy, etc...) which saves time. I also wish it would group different quantities of the same items together (i.e. one recipe calls for 2 med. onions and another calls for a large red onion) They are different places on the list, so I keep going up and down to make sure I get all the right amounts.
I'm so glad it syncs with my iPhone so I can look at the shopping list.
Really easy to use!
Useful app. Ugly design.
I was talking with my husband about him making me an app for my recipes and he said there may be something out there already that would work for what I need. After looking at a couple I was happy to find this one had the ability to enter your own recipe and also pull a recipe from the web.
After playing around with the app I just can't help but hate the UI. It looks horrible and the smoothness of actions is pretty unbearable. But, I suppose it does its job.
4 stars for an application that does what it needs to do. I would give it 5 stars if it was updated to look and interact better.
Time to move on...
I have been using the app for several years. I used to love it. The UI is beautiful. But the developers do not seem to really care about it. They do not answer questions on their Facebook page. And while there have bug updates, there have been no real features in a long time. Competitor apps can be accessed on Mac, from a browser and even Windows. They allow you to plan a meal calendar, export it to iCal, and easily scale recipes quickly. My Recipe Book has not been invested in and is just being milked. Sadly, I am moving on to another recipe app. I recently bought Paprika (on my Mac!!!) and iPhone and am finding the additional features quite excellent even if the UI is not nearly so pretty.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Feb 05, 2015
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 19.1 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- © 2015 Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.