By Stuart McLean
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The original recipe manager is back by popular demand, with a completely new overhaul for 2015 including Apple Watch compatibility.
From budding cooks to professional chefs the easy to use yet feature packed My Recipes app has something for everyone. Keep your own recipes, share with friends, save recipes from the web, sync with iCloud and so much more.
Use feature packed tools like timers, conversion utilities, shopping lists, OCR recipe scanning and more. My Recipes is the most useful app you can have in your kitchen, market or restaurant.
Apple Watch Features:
View all of your active timers on your Apple Watch. Pause and resume timers and even create new timers right from your Apple Watch.
Browse your shopping lists and check off items as you go with your Apple Watch.
Browse thought your entire recipe collection, or just your favourites, and view important details, full ingredients and instructions for each recipe.
My Recipes Features:
- Create and edit your own recipes with full details and images on any iOS device.
- Use your camera to scan in recipes from books, magazines and anywhere else you want. My Recipes will automatically convert the images to text for you.
- Ingredient scaling will automatically re-calculate ingredient quantities at the touch of a button. Whats more, you can forget the tedious process of entering ingredients one-by-one for this to work. Just type in naturally and My Recipes will find and change the quantities automatically.
- Save recipes using the built in web browser with a single tap for supported sites.
- Add recipes from any website with assisted manual save.
- Add ingredients to your shopping list from recipes with one touch.
- Share shopping lists and the recipient can not just read the list you send but import it into their own copy of My Recipes at the touch of a button.
- Virtually unlimited timers you can customise to your liking.
- Advanced searching finds your recipes by name, ingredient and tags simultaneously and in real time, as soon as you start typing.
- Create your own tags for your recipes and My Recipes will automatically add them to a tag bar on your recipes list. Letting you quickly and easily get to the recipe you want.
- Share recipes with friends, emailed recipes have a unique My Recipes files, which can be imported to the My Recipes app with a single touch.
- iCloud enabled syncing and My Recipes automatically creates a daily backup file of your iCloud recipes so you can transfer it to your computer for safe keeping.
- Notifications of timers finishing even when the app is not in use or your device is in standby.
- Egg timer to calculate the cooking time for the perfect boiled egg.
- Weight, liquids and temperature conversion tools for easily converting measurements.
- Portion tool. Use the camera on your device to overlay an adjustable cutting guide allowing you to accurately slice up cakes, pizzas, and whatever else you want to.
- Fast, intuitive app navigation.
- Email print to compatible Airprint printers and message your recipes at the touch of a button.
- Backup and restore your entire recipes database onto your computer for safekeeping.
- Transfer your entire My Recipes collection to other iOS devices running My Recipes.
- Localised into English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Simplified,) Chinese (Traditional) and Japanese.
- Universal iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch App so you only buy it once.
**No in-app purchases. Everything free. Always**
*Apple Watch requires iPhone 5 or later and iOS 8.2 or later.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Fix possible iCloud migration bug.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 83.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stuart McLean
- © WiteNoiz
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.