Now with Inter-app audio support from iOS 7 onwards!
My TalaVadyam transforms your iOS device into your very own Tala Vadyam ( (Carnatic) percussion instrument)! Create your own Tala Vadya Kutcheri (percussion concert) by either creating new percussion sequences or playing existing ones!
Have you ever wanted to play the Mridangam but couldn't because you didn't have access to a teacher or the instrument?
Are you learning to play the Mridangam, and would like to hear how a particular sequence should sound, so it will help you with your practice? Want to have something to play along with so you can perfect your kalapramanam?
Are you a teacher of Carnatic percussion, and do you want to create lesson plans that your students can use to hone their skills and kalapramanam when they practice at home? With this companion app, they can now do so, knowing how each sequence should sound and learning to keep the perfect beat as they play along, even as they practice at home away from your guidance in the classroom. Transcribe your lesson plans to My TalaVadyam and share them with your students!
Or are you a World Musician and want to experiment with and learn about Carnatic percussion?
With "My TalaVadyam", you now can! "My TalaVadyam" is the latest app from Upbeat Labs. With a library of 15 sounds and 16 common phrases for the Mridangam and the ability to easily create as many common phrases as you like, "My TalaVadyam" offers a platform to create, share and enjoy Carnatic percussion sequences on the Mridangam! Play it in "Live" mode to create your own impromptu Tala Vadya Kutcheri, or in "REC" mode to create common sequences, lesson plans or your own masterpiece Tani Avartanam that you can play back later. Easily share your creations with your friends and with the "My TalaVadyam" community and play sequences from creations that have been shared by your friends and other users!
My TalaVadyam uses real, natural sounds of the mridangam and offers a precise kala pramanam (tempo) for an unparalleled new musical experience!
* As a teacher, create and share lesson plans with your students and others
* As a student, transcribe your lessons to My TalaVadyam, so you know how it is supposed to sound, and have something to play along with at the perfect tempo to aid with your own practice and development
* As a music enthusiast, create and replay well known percussion sequences
* Experiment and create your own masterpieces
* Incorporate your mridangam sounds into other musical pieces as "My TalaVadyam" supports background play and mixing with other audio apps. With version 2.5 and higher, inter-app audio is also supported on iOS7. This will enable you to integrate My TalaVadyam with even more audio/apps!
* Export your creations and mail them to your friends or share with the "My TalaVadyam" community page from within your app
* Visit the "My TalaVadyam" community page and import other's creations seamlessly into your app
Above all, enjoy experimenting and creating! While My TalaVadyam will never come close to the magnificence of real Carnatic instruments, it allows you to unleash your creativity and productivity if you already play the instrument or are familiar with Carnatic percussion, and will allow you to enjoy it even if you don't .
Enjoy ad-supported "My TalaVadyam" for free. If you like what you see, an in-app purchase for a nominal fee will get you ad-free and unrestricted usage (the free version plays sequences up to 150 aksharas).
* Misc. fixes and improvements
* Updated to latest libraries
Ratings and Reviews
God sent app
Feel truly blessed to have come across th app. I am learner and my skils, specially layam needed a lot of correction. Here are my primary usages:
1) Practice the sample lessons, there are many great lessons to keep me busy for a while.
2) Construct and save the lessons taught by my guru. All note syllables are available for drag and drop. Assemble these buttons and press play and loop it. Wow!! high quality audio.
3) Earleir, after the oral recitation, i used to play. Now after oral recitaion, i listen deeply to the sequence in this app. This makes my ears get used to great quality notes and the i practise. This method is working wonders already.
4) Keep looping the notes and play along at various speeds. If i make a mistake, i can recover and keep going along with this reliable co-player.
5) There are other features which i have not explored, and reserving them for future wows!!
Thanks to the creators, by honing the skills of learners, you serve a greater purpose.
Amazing work with tremendous potential. Fulfills long pressing needs of carnatic music students, amateur performers, and arrangers. Once the author adds a few more features, especially changing of pitch, this is well on its way to becoming a perfect product. Looking for use and future versions.
Very cool application guys
Totally enjoying making up rhythmic patterns and hearing what it sounds like before I try. Thanks..Good work
- Upbeat Labs LLC
- 47 MB
Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Sridhar Rajagopal
- In-App Purchases
- My TalaVadyam Ad-free & unrestricted $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.