*** New ***
With our new website, you can track stats over time! See your first serve percentage over the last 5 matches. See how many points you won when the rally was 4 - 9 shots. Easily determine who has the momentum at any point in the match, and see the points that lead to the momentum swing! All of these features and more are available on our new website. Track some stats using this application, and upload them to www.MyTennisStatsApp.com today!!
Want to improve your tennis game? You've come to the right place. "My Tennis Stats" can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses with only a few simple taps on your iPhone or iPod Touch. "How can this be?" you ask. "My Tennis Stats" lets you keep track of your statistics for any tennis match. From first serve percent, to points won on first serve, to missed returns, to break points, and everything in between. Now, you can keep track of your own tennis stats for any given match just like the pros! "My Tennis Stats" provides an easy way for individuals, coaches, and interested spectators to chart current statistics and continuing progress of any player. "My Tennis Stats" can also be used as a tool to scout other teams and players.
- Ability to track the path of the ball for each point! See where your opponent hits passing shots, where they serve, where your double faults are, etc!
- Shot placement screen for serves
- Ability to track the rally length
- Ability to track stats for everyone in a singles or doubles match
- Track over 100+ different stats for each player
- Customizable player's names and events
- 6 different types of set scoring including: 8 game pro sets and 3rd set match tiebreaker (10 point tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd set)
- Ability to have "no-ad" scoring
- An "undo" function that will erase the last point played, and the associated stats. Useful in case of a "let", or inadvertent button tap
- Full statistical reports showing a variety of strokes: serves, volleys, forehands, backhands, and many others that are automatically calculated and stored
- Statistical reports broken down by set as well as entire match
- Game reports that contain detailed point by point results. In cases of forgotten scores, this is very useful to settle disputes
- Full scoreboard that is always visible when entering stats
- Ability to toggle between viewing stats and entering stats with a single button tap at any point during the match
- Ability to email the recorded stats for the current match or any saved match to yourself, opponents, or other interested parties
- Built-in file management system that allows you to load, save, and continue incomplete matches
- Automatically saves matches and stats, user can also delete "old" matches
- A field that allows you to enter in match notes before, during, or after a match about the opponent, your game, the weather conditions and / or whatever you like.
- Multiple bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A few things would make this app GREAT.
1. Unable to track stats over a season unless using the website, which requires an expensive subscription fee. Given the already expensive cost of the app, this seems unnecessary.
2. Some uploaded info is incorrect (serve %, for one.)
3. A few crash issues, which hopefully will be addressed soon.
4. Unclear (to me) the difference between "service winner" and "no return" stat options.
5. Need for match types to add flexiblity for sets of less than 6 games (some junior tournaments use this). User set parameters for number of games, sets, and tiebreaker types would be helpful. However, the match types listed cover most adult formats.
6. Needs an upgrade to the interface graphics, but button sizes are perfect the way they are.
7. Needs persistent match preferences to eliminate the need to toggle the same options for every new match.
The actual in-game stat tracking is excellent, and after looking at over a dozen stat apps, this one is the most complete, with the simplest interface to use. Though you can opt to use graphical ball placement (which I find impossible to do in real time when watching a match) you can turn off this function if you don't want/need it.
Summary: biggest negative: seasonal stat tracking cost is prohibitive-- should be included in the price or should allow data storage on device. Biggest positive-- robust stat tracking.
Just wanted to update: all the early bugs are gone and the user interface is cleaner and the stats are more thorough. Good just got better!
Follow up to my earlier review: I am very impressed with how quickly the developers respond to feedback and bugs. I have made suggestions that were already being worked on and have found the app only getting better with time. Warning-you have to practice with it. Once you do, you'll find a good rhythm and keep better stats.
On to my original review: TennisStats is better that Tennis Trakker because it has an 'undo' button for mistakes, it supports both singles and doubles, and it features various scoring formats (8 game pro-sets, third set tiebreaker, and even five set matches. I like that the scoreboard stays at the top throughout the point tracking. You can add a point without tracking if you accidently miss one. I'd like an overall unforced/forced error summary in addition to the specific shot summary and the buttons could be a little crisper (no need for the cute tennis player background). Better value than Tennis Trakker, too.
Good but... some important things missing
Good and useful application but some reporting functions are missing. For example, it would be very useful to be able to print the full match as it happened since the data is entered sequentially, it would be nice to have the opportunity to relive the match after.
I use it to track my 9 year old's matches and it is very useful but I hope that the releases will add a functionality such as the one I mentioned above, it would also be useful to be able to add more data on serves. It's either an ace, a foot fault, a double, or it's in... Would be nice to be able to see patterns of the 2 players.
Last, I would like to have the possibility to add comments at change overs.
Of course, I would be more than happy to pay more for all this
- HD Software LLC
- 7.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 HD Software LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.